Question Of The Day, Friday, June 28

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really enjoy salads! :thumbsup: from simple lettuce and tomato salad, to chef salad :cloud9: , to potato/macaroni salad and coleslaw (i only like fresh made coleslaw), to caesar salad (never anchovies...:barf: ), and i really love thick slices of homegrown tomatoes with a little salad dressing drizzled over them.

i'd add green olives (stuffed with pimentos :yummy:), prefer sweet bells peppers that aren't green, sliced or chopped hard boiled egg, radishes, carrots, celery, very thinly sliced red onion, love homemade croutons, sometimes some cheese and cold cuts sliced into thin strips. oh, and beets, pickled or just plain (cooked, then sliced). i've never tried adding pickled green beans, but that also sounds good to me. i like thin sliced yellow squash and zucchini in a tossed-type salad too.

hmmm...salad dressings... i really like a good sweet and saucy French, Blue Cheese, homemade Thousand Island, Ranch, and a good Caesar vinaigrette. i like Italian dressing, and especially Zesty Italian. honey mustard salad dressing is one i generally don't care for.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We each have a large salad with dinner every night: red leaf lettuce, some crumbled feta, and a simple mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I’ve also been mixing in a dab of homemade pesto to the oil and vinegar. And this last week I’ve been sprinkling on some unsalted roasted sunflower seeds that I had leftover from making granola bars.

I also make a couple of what I think of as summer salads that we have as a side dish: Mardi-Gras Salad from The Silver Palette Cookbook (it’s a coleslaw with a vinaigrette dressing) and an orzo salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, and herbs.
That last one sounds wonderful! I love orzo.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are big salad lovers,hands down.The more ingredients (hence my kitchen sink salad)the better.Salad dressings ...neither one of us are really picky,but I will say I'm not that fond of thousand island,although I do like it on a reuben.Something that I don't care for in my salad...haven't found it yet.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I typically use either ranch or poppyseed dressing and add lettuce (romaine usually), tomatoes, cucumber, croutons, and crumbled bacon.