Question of the Day, Friday June 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am so happy to be doing the Friday Question!

Today's question is easy:

How many keys are on your keyring?

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooooooooohhhh, if I wore ALL my keyrings on a belt, I would clank like a 19th century gaoler. I have keys for 2 trucks, 1 Jeep, 3 tractors, several outbuildings, the house, the church, and keys that I havent a clue what they are for anymore.They are not all on one ring though

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 and my car alarm beeper thing.

my house key, my suv key and my last family house I lived at with mom dad and sister...we had a few keys made and landlord got 3 back when he originally gave us 2. to sentimental at times

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two rings:
Truck key, alarm remote, and gas tank key on one.
Trailer door key and two trailer cargo keys on the other.

I keep it to a minimum as the weight of too many keys and such can ruin your vehicle's ignition lock.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one key for my apartment, two keys for my storage units, a mailbox key, a post office box key, and a key to my friend's house.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi dear Members of TCS!...

Say hello to our new Member at the mini team of the Daily question of TCS Lounge!..
PAM!...

Feel so welcomed my friend,..
we know that you going to make it so great!...

----------------------------------

good question!
I use to have just one and I have it a lot of keys on it!...
one of my brothers call me once "LORD OF THE KEYS"
.......... but anymore haven´t a lot, I leave it at home those "bunch" of keys...now I have 2 just for the car & another ring with just 3 keys!...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I keep it to a minimum as the weight of too many keys and such can ruin your vehicle's ignition lock.
My father always told me that, too. Especially with those keys that have teeth on the upper edge....my Plymouth Turismo had that kind of a key and he made me carry two separate rings, one for the car and one for everything else.

Thanks, Rigel! I'm so happy to be able to do this!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a HUGE keyring, but these days I go for the minimum. I've got 3 - house, car and office. Don't need anymore, don't want anymore!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my house key, my car key, BF's car key, my old boss's key (they gave me a new one when they remodeled the house/office, which was way after I got laid off. They wanted me to have it in case something happened when they go away. Hmm... come to think of it though, I don't know the alarm code anymore!), and my bike lock key. And there are 3 tiny lock keys which I'm not sure what they go to....

So, 5 keys plus 3 tiny mystery ones. On my Magic Hat bottle opener keychain.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car key is separate from the rest of my keys.

But on my main one I have a key to the mail box, security door of our apartment, main door of same, pool/laundry room key and 2 keys to my fire safe/lockbox.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have my house key, the key to Clarence, key to DH's truck, my office key and a very small key to my office desk, the key to my mom's apartment and the key to my parents' old house. I didn't have the heart to take it off my key ring when they sold their house and moved.....just couldn't do it. So that's 7, I think.

We all keep our offices locked at work b/c there have been some items that went "missing". I keep my drawers in my desk locked at work, too, for the same reason.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to count!
Looks like I have 7 keys, (not counting the little card membership things which I apparently have 9 of) My keys include: apartment key, mailbox key, key to my mom's place, key to my sister's house, key to my best friend's house, car key, and the key to my filing cabinet (no clue why that's there but it's gonna come off; the other ones I use on a regular basis, so they need to stay!)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let's see. Two car keys and a house key. Used to have alot more when I had a horse and worked at the barn. Now my key chain feels empty and so light. I guess that is a good thing