Question Of The Day, Friday, June 2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :dance:

Easy question this morning: What's your favorite homemade cookie? And where is the recipe for your favorite cookie?

For me, it's chewy chocolate chip; I have a great King Arthur recipe for wonderfully chewy chocolate chip cookies, with three cups of chocolate chips instead of the two cups that most recipes use. And vinegar and corn syrup. For Dear Richard, it's snickerdoodles; the best snickerdoodle recipe is from an very old Betty Crocker cookbook.

What about you?

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like homemade Chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies.
I mostly use the recipe that is on the back of the bag of chocolate chips. The peanut butter cookie recipe I don't know where I got it from but I've made them so often that the recipe is stuck in my head.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is a chewy ginger cookie. I haven't made them in a long time because they were kind of tedious, very stiff dough to handle. I have a KitchenAid mixer for a while now and probably will break the recipe out this winter.
I have the recipe saved in directory along with other recipes in my email. I found the recipe in an old Bon Appetit magazine and all their recipes are online now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A chocolate chunk cookie. I clipped the recipie out of the newspaper years ago.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite cookie is an Original Nestle's TollHouse cookie. I have not made them in years. My moms recipes which she tweaked from the back of the Nestles chocolate chip bag. It is basically a chocolate chip cookie with peanuts added.. and I love them chewy!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Toll House chocolate chip cookies - the recipe was originally from the chocolate chip bag. It gets tweaked according to my mood.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I am doing the baking then it is snickerdoodles. I strongly suspect Winchester and I have the same cookbook. My brother makes incredible peanut butter cookies. He substitutes almond extract for the vanilla and they are so good.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite homemade cookie is a chewy oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips added instead of raisins.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much any oatmeal raisin cookie. But it CANNOT have artificial sweetener, that just kills it for me.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go for Nestle's Toll House cookies, too. They are the best chocolate chip. But I also love a cookie I made up myself called Berry Bars. Other people love them, too, and often ask for the recipe. I make a crust of butter, sugar, and flour, cook that, then spread berries (any kind) mixed with sugar over the crust and top it off with a struzel topping, then bake it again. It's to die for.

Also love Seven-layer Cookies, so sweet they make your teeth ache. Guess you can tell I love to make cookies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom makes really good chewy chocolate chip walnut cookies. I think she got the recipe off of facebook or all recipes.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it's a tossup between sand tarts and buried cherry cookies. The sand tarts were my mom's recipe. I don't remember where I got the buried cherry one. Sand tarts are crumbly cookies made with finely ground pecans, shaped into crescents, and dusted with powdered sugar. They're a family tradition. The buried cherries are a sort of fudgy brownie cookie with a maraschino cherry in the center and sealed with a maraschino cherry chocolate ganache. They're utterly decadent.

I wish you hadn't started this thread because now I've got a serious craving for both of them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say my favorite would be oatmeal peanut butter cookies, with crispy coconut cookies as a close second. the oatmeal peanut butter cookies recipe came from allrecipes dot com -- here's the recipe, for anyone who might be interested Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe (note: i use butter instead of margarine in that recipe) they're my favorite because regular peanut butter cookies seem so dry to me, and the oatmeal adds extra crunch, texture to the cookies. the crispy coconut cookies recipe was shared by someone on another forum, it was her mother's recipe -- they're crispy, buttery, and coconut-ty!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom makes really good chewy chocolate chip walnut cookies. I think she got the recipe off of facebook or all recipes.
When I started my first job in DC there was a YWCA down the street. The upstairs was a place for the girls to spend the night and downstairs was a cafeteria and a small bakery. This little old lady that worked there made the best thick chewy chocolate chip walnut cookies. I remember you could get a dozen for .86. This was in 1968. One of the ladies magazines did a story about the 10 best chocolate chip recipes in the US and her cookies were listed. She would never give out her recipe.

Muffy

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"Mrs. Dowd's Cookies!" LOL Mrs. Dowd lived next door when I was young, the Dowds' have 3 children all about my age. We all played together as part of the larger neighborhood kids group. Mrs. Dowd made these cookies with oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate, yum! When they were getting ready to move I made sure Mum got the recipe from her, so I could continue to enjoy them. I still have the index card with the recipe. Turns out to be a rather common cookie, just wasn't one my Mum made so it was really a treat for me! And now over 50 years later, when I make them they bring back much such wonderful memories! I recently met Mrs. Dowd and the youngest child (she is now an adult, mom, etc. of course), at a local event, what fun!