Question Of The Day, Friday, June 16

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:And Happy Friday!:woohoo:

What is your absolute favorite fast food chain? And why? Is it the steaks or the burgers? Is it vegetarian? Do they have the best desserts?

For me, it's Outback. I love their French Onion Soup. Everything else is just so-so, but man, I love their French Onion Soup. (And try as I might, I cannot duplicate it. And believe me, I've tried.)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favourite fast food chain these days is Burger King, as they have the only veggie burger that I like. Before I became vegetarian, I used to like the single cheese burger and fries from McDonalds.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really only go to a fast food place once a year - but if I do go, I like Tim Horton's. For things like burgers and fries, then Burger King or McDonald's.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Popeyes. Love their spicy chicken. Biscuits are amazing too.
For burgers, Smashburger. Anything from there; even their veggie burger is delicious.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Culver's is awesome. Well, not if you're vegetarian :D. But wow the burgers are great. And the custard. And the fries, onion rings, and cheese curds. Mmm. . .

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If Outback is considered fast food then this place called Anchos which is Mexican and they make tortillas in house (right in the middle of the restaurant). I don't do grains anymore in general but when I do let myself have some it is those tortillas.

Counter service fast food would be a place near me called Bucket List Burger. That is a build your own burger type place and they are delicious. Right now probably because it is the best lettuce wrapped burger in town with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, avocados and mustard (paleo, 80/20 which is more along the lines of paleo most days but occasional sweets or grains or dairy).

I don't do drive thru much since switching to paleo but that would be In-N-Out. Much for the same reason of I can get a good no filler, no breadcrumbs, no additive just beef lettuce wrapped burger on the road or in a pinch (or if meeting up with friends and I know I will likely just be able to get steamed veggies wherever we are going). And it's under $3 for a single patty or $4 for a double. Nom.

Last edited:

southerncatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It depends on if I'm eating locally or if we decided to have a night out. If we are just grabbing something quick here in town I love a good bbq sandwich from Rib Crib. If we are going to have a night out I really like Texas Road House love love love their steaks!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of the chains my favorite is Wendy's. I like their burgers and they also have decent salads. My preference is Chinese takeout. There are two decent places close to where I live. We do have Panda Express here but I don't care for their food, at least at the one close to me.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta be Popeye's. Especially with Tabasco Chipotle on it (just a little). If you haven't tried this sauce, do so immediately. Not vinegary, not overhot at all, just yummy in and on things. Of course, just about all fried chicken is wonderful except KFC, which tastes nothing like fried chicken, just weird flavors. Nasty stuff, that, and a waste of good chicken.

For other fast food, it has to be WhataBurger. I think they're just in Texas, but the food is really good and a lot of bang for the buck.

Back in the stone ages when I was growing up the $0.59 BK Whopper befitted its name and would fill a teenage football player. Now it's the size of a Whopper Junior for $4.59 and won't feed a hungry pigeon.

Firehouse Subs makes a mean sandwich, as does the infinitely customizable Which Wich. A good Quiznos is mighty fine, too.

Decisions, decisions!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wendy's. It's the baked potatoes.

I'm kind of getting attached to Jason's Deli lately too.

Used to like Jersey Mike's but they don't seem to be as good as they used to be (or I'm tired of them). They do have good cookies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite fast food chain these days is Burger King, as they have the only veggie burger that I like. Before I became vegetarian, I used to like the single cheese burger and fries from McDonalds.
Burger King is the only fast food chain I go to because they have a veggie burger. I stopped in there today to get one along with fries and a shake. I don't do it that often.

My favorite restaurant chain is Olive Garden. I love Italian food and they have a pretty good amount of vegetarian food.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i really don't have a favorite fast food chain. :dunno: i rarely eat out, but when i do it's something from the Burger King dollar menu. most times, when i know i'll be 'out' and will need to eat something, i'll bring along a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, some mini pretzels, and some bottled flavored water.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Probably Taco Bell. :lol: For a sit-down chain type place it would probably be another Mexican one, like On the Border.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Burger King is the only fast food chain I go to because they have a veggie burger. I stopped in there today to get one along with fries and a shake. I don't do it that often.
I don't go to fast food places very often, but once in awhile I do go to Burger King for a veggie burger.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Popeye's.... yum. Their spicy chicken is amazing. I also love the gravy on their mashed potatoes and their sweet tea is the best. KFC used to be good years ago but now it's just awful. Taco bell.. I love their nachos supreme and don't get me started on those Cinnabon Delights. If you have not tried them, you MUST. Or must not. You might get addicted. Yeah. They are THAT GOOD. Especially when they are warm. For subs, I like Jimmy John's. Jersey Mike's has gone downhill recently IMO. BK, Wendy's and McD's are just meh. A lot of places have gone downhill. Steak & Shake used to never let me down. They aren't as good as they used to be. It could be just the location by me but they have gone from good to meh.

Now I want some Popeye's... :yummy:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Wendy's. I eat a chili with fries to dip in it. then their home-style chicken sandwich, It was my first job. Even though I hate the smell after working a shift-I still love their food. I like they have different things to pick from.

I stopped eating at BK because they got rid of large container of fries-they had some gimmick to fit in the cup holder in the car-and no I won't pay $3 for a handful of fries even if they are the best fries. And their whopper is nothing like it used to be. Super thin and nothing but bread and condiments.

Sit down place-Texas Roadhouse or Applebee's. There's a Bonanza in Maine we just started going to=they have a full salad bar and hot table. The Steak isn't bad...went there last week..they make good home made fried chicken. I agree about KFC-they have gotten too greasy and the potatoes are bland. I usually have to add butter and stuff...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I'm vegetarian i'd have to say Lyfe Kitchen, Native Foods or Protein Bar.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can I make the rounds?

Taco Bell for the taco salad
Wendy's for a burger
McDonalds for the fries
Krispy Kreme for dessert!