Question Of The Day, Friday, June 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess: (Made it through another week)

Do you listen to the radio? What's your favorite radio station?

The radio is never on in my car. I can't stand all the commercials. When it's Clarence and me, I listen to CDs. When I'm driving the Tucson, I connect my iPod and listen to my music that way.

What about you?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I refuse to listen to terrestrial radio. The amount of commercials has gotten out of control and it seems like all the stations have commercials on at the same time. I have Sirius/XM in the car. That's all I listen to. My favorite stations on there are Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation. I also listen to Classic Rewind and Classic Vinyl.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually don't listen to the radio because there aren't any stations here that play music that I like. I have a lot of music on my tablet that I listen to or I listen to audio books.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I usually have the radio on in my car and prefer the "oldies," e.g. songs from the 60's. However, I also enjoy WFMT, the classical and arts radio station.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to NPR most of the time. Occasionally I'll listen to an audiobook.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I don't listen to the radio. The commercials drive me insane. Just let me listen to music while I drive!

I listen to pandora, I pay to have it ad-free (even the commercials aren't so bad on free pandora) and I can select stations based on what I am in the mood to listen to. much better!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to "Oldies" station too that plays 80's and 90's, typical pop stations and classical music.

I am often switching between them :lol:

If not that then I just go ahead and play from the playlist on my phone that is connected to the car. Rest assured of course I don't touch or look at my phone for anything else! and only listen to it when I am on a quiet road.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also plug my ipod into my car because I can't stand commercials while I'm driving. I'll do NPR in a pinch, like if I have to have my phone charging because waze is eating up too much battery.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three public radio stations - news and commentary, classical music, and jazz. Mostly I listen to the news and commentary on NPR; if I've already heard it I'll switch to classical music. And since those two stations are affiliated and have simultaneous pledge drives I switch to the jazz station during pledge drives.

When I'm using the Garmin I'll simply turn the radio off so I can actually hear the Garmin, of course, and in heavy traffic I'll turn it off so I can really concentrate on what I'm doing.

If I'm driving cross-country I'll play smooth jazz CDs; they do a good job of keeping me awake without making me jittery.

Margret

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big radio listener. Sometimes I listen to Capital which is the main music station but they often repeat the same songs over and over; so I tend to listen on the internet more often.
Mostly I listen to the radio when others have it on. My mother is a big radio listener and always has Radio 4 playing so that's often the background noise in our house when the TV isn't on.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm in my car, it's always a CD unless there's a big fire and I need to hear some news.
At night before I go to sleep, it's either the classical station or Coast to Coast (depending on the subject)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really anymore. If I want music on while we are cleaning I put the Family Road Trip channel on the TV through the Pandora app on the Roku. It's great music to keep moving to!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are two stations I listen to in the car - MeTV fm, which is oldies, but not old enough for 60s and 70s, and 780 news radio. I miss the station we had in Atlanta, WSB, but I guess it's changed, too, after 30 years.

In the house, I listen to Music Choice on cable TV - Soundscapes or Easy Listening.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a habit I picked up about a year ago - I listen to CBC Radio One every workday morning as I get ready for work. It gives me the weather and traffic info I need, as well as a good overview of major news and a more in-depth discussion of a specific piece of news. I also use it as a gauge of how early/late I am as they go through the different segments. I love it!

But that's about the only time I listen to the radio. My cat, on the other hand, listens to the radio more than I do - every other day she listens to the Classic Music station. What can I say, she's a classy lady! ;)

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't listen to radio anymore. For a big city, we have very few options in variety and none of them are to my taste. Our latest vehicle came with a free year of Sirius FM but we let it lapse because 1) they have no light classical, 2) their oldies from the 50s and 60s often aren't the original artists, and 3) their prices are outrageous. You can bargain them down, but even if you have autopay, the next year they bill you for their highest price. When I canceled them several years ago, I had the dickens of a time getting them to disconnect the service. They would call and not only try to get me to change my mind, but they actually argued with me. They kept billing me for months after I'd disconnected the service. I had to send several written notices before they finally gave up. Never again!

I have a wide variety of playlists on my Apple products from which to choose, but I usually just enjoy the quiet when I'm driving.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I listen to a station that has older rock when I am in the car but that is about it. They don't have too much advertising and their morning show is pretty good, none of the 'shock jock' stuff.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i listen to music via Pandora. :redheartpump: i have 'stations' set up -- Glenn Miller radio, bossa nova/Brasilian radio, Fats Waller radio, and etc.

my favorite station is usually bossa nova/Brasilian. :cloud9:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mainly listen to a talk radio station for entertainment news, I listen less for the entertainment news and more for the talk show hosts' commentary. When there are free weekends for satellite radio my favorite stations are 50s on 5, 60s on 6, Siriusly Sinatra, 40s Junction, and Soul Town.