Question of the Day Friday July 7th

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think any of them were very unusual, but so far:
postcards (got rid of)
coins (still have, but not actively collecting)
stamps (got rid of)
thimbles (started out as souveiners of places I had visited, but once people saw I was collecting I got tons fo them. Still have them all)
Hotel stationery (still have, not actively collecting)
Hockey cards (got rid of most, not actively collecting)

Currently, the only thing I'm collecting (besides dust) is yarn. I have 11 plastic totes of yarn. I buy yarn faster than I knit, so it's overflowing. Some of the boxes are in windows for the cats to get on an look out. Yarn is an addiction.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I did macrame once. The ‘weird’ thing about is when I look at the hanging plant holder I made in grade school, I have no idea how I did it. If you are looking for something meditative, I recommend embroidery.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some might consider metal detecting weird but I loved it from the first minute. Back in the day I did nail and string wall art, which is out of the ordinary now but not then. I have also knitted, done beading, refinished furniture, collected antiques and art glass, and sewed as a hobbies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching pressure washing, rug cleaning, and lawn mowing videos. I'd say most of my other hobbies aren't too weird. It's unusual that I have a pottery studio in my basement since that isn't something a lot of people have, but I wouldn't call that weird.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Depends who you ask, but a lot of people have found my using a clicker to teach Lila tricks is weird, but in a good way!
I would never consider it "weird" at all, but I'm really loving my knitting!! I've always loved arts, but crafts, not as much, and I'm really enjoying it. If you're like me and you like to watch or listen to the TV, but feel the need to keep your hands busy, I definitely recommend giving it a try.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Making decorative garden things; mushrooms out of op shop finds.. bottles with fancy upside down bowls on them; garden flowers on sticks made out of garden stakes and little bowls. Some of the bowls reflect light in a wonderful way. My garden is obviously pretty quirky.
I'd show them to you, but it's nightime here