Question of the Day, Friday, July 18

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm a shower person. but i do take long hot showers. i prefer to shower because i feel like i'm more clean from showering. many days i'm hot and sweaty and have dirt/grass on me (from working on the lawn and in the gardens), so i'd feel like i was soaking in my sweat and dirt if i took a bath. i do have a tub/shower combo though.

at the moment i only have one bathroom in my house. i plan on having a second bathroom put in upstairs, which will have a sink, toilet, and acrylic claw foot tub in it. after i have that second bathroom put in, i'll remodel the existing bathroom to have a new sink, toilet, and shower enclosure with a rainshower shower head and spa jets in it. i figure this way i'll have the second bathroom to use while the existing bathroom gets remodeled. i doubt i'll ever actually use the acrylic claw foot tub more than once or twice (to try it out), but (like you) i feel my house should have a tub for the resale value.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use both. My kids are still young too so I would only buy a house with a bath. If my dream house was up for sale and the only thing that was missing was a bath then I would still buy it. I think it would be rare to find a perfect house that you wouldn't want to change in some way or another. It really is a good idea to always think in terms of re sale value though when renovating. It's your most valuable asset. It's also your home so You and Rick need to love the changes you make. It's a tricky one. I'm sure you will create a lovely space and I hope you share pics with us.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both for me. Showers are the usual, being quicker & easier.  However, I do love a good soak in the tub to relax once & a while especially if my muscles are sore, I will throw a couple of cups of Epsom salt in,

and it really helps. It also feels good to get in a hot bath on a cold winters day!  (but yea, if I'm funky from cleaning, gardening,or whatever, a shower for sure!!)  

I would LOVE a big claw foot tub!!!  

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a claw foot tub but a water heater that could not fill it to proper level for a decent soak:(  Landlord had installed it for kid but then never got to upgrade the water heater.  It made litter boxes easier to clean being a bit raised and so deep!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a stand in shower. I hate baths. I feel dirty after them. The last time I had a bath I was in Prague in the Czech Republic and my feet froze. I decided to have a night in. My plans were a hot bath to unfreeze my feet have room service and rented the titanic. What a waste of money.
Back to the bath. It didn't unfreeze my feet and I still had a full shower after to feel clean.
Room service was good. The film a total write off.

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Good morning and Happy Friday! 

Rick and I were talking last night; he would like to start thinking about renovating our bathroom. The biggest issue is: Shower? Or tub?  We don't take baths; sometimes, it's all I can do to find time to take a shower, let alone have the luxury of a nice, long soak in the tub. He would like to take out the bathtub and install a shower. Just a shower. (Part of the reason is that, eventually, we will get the basement finished and get the bathroom installed down there. I would like to put in an old-fashioned claw foot tub in the basement bathroom for soaking.) While I agree with him that we don't take baths that often, I worry about the re-sale value of the house....not that we're going anywhere any time soon.

So, my question today is: Do you prefer a bath or a shower? Why? Would you buy a house with no bathtub in the main bath?
I think your wise Pam and Rick to keep at least one bathtub in the house as it probably would affect re-sale value of your home. I know when I bought our house, one of the reasons I bought it was because of the soaker tub.

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
C`mon, ya gotta have a combination bath with a detachable shower head with 6 foot hose.  How else are you going to shampoo yer kitties???

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

C`mon, ya gotta have a combination bath with a detachable shower head with 6 foot hose.  How else are you going to shampoo yer kitties???
kitties,no...litterboxes...well YES!  Or a dog who had eaten something from the trash and paid for it with stomachache...