Question of the Day, Friday, January 3 2020

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
As a kid, it was the original Scooby-Doo reruns, Johnny Quest reruns, and pretty much anything on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. I watched a lot of The Andy Griffith Show reruns as well.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Rick and I were talking this morning about all sorts of things. Our Friday question is courtesy of Dear Richard:

As a child, what was your favorite television show?

I don't think I had any favorite shows. When we were young, Mom and Dad made us go to bed at 8:00. But they'd fall asleep in front of the television. I do remember, getting out of bed, standing in the doorway of the bathroom, and watching Bewitched in the living room. If I got caught, I'd just say that I was going to the bathroom. As I got a little older, I loved The Monkees :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: (in fairness to me, I was 11!). I remember one time Dad grounded me as punishment and he was serious. When it got to Monday night, I asked Dad if I could watch the show. He looked at me and said, "Look, I don't care what you watch. You can watch your **** Monkees. But just remember, young lady, you're grounded!" Ok then!

How about you? Any favorite shows you watched as a child?
I also loved the Monkees and I was a bit older than 11 (16). My favorite was Peter. It was a fun show.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was really little, I liked Romper Room and The Friendly Giant. :) When I was a bit older, it was Bewitched, Get Smart and Family Affair, Green Acres, etc.:
Do your remember sitting in front of the TV watching Romper Room just hoping you would be seen through the magic mirror and your name called out?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The Addams Family, Bewitched, Mr. Ed, Lassie, Gidget, The Donna Reed Show and My Three Sons

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the original My Little Pony, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, Sesame Street and Mr Roger's Neighborhood, game shows on Nickelodeon like Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple, and I wanted to be on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

I watched a lot of Tv. I'm sure that wasn't half of it because I watched stuff with my brother, too.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Also Sesame Street for me. :)

When I was a kid there were lots of Japanese anime that were showing on TV which I loved to watch, including this Mazinger Z and Voltes V (but were soon banned by then Philippine President Marcos).

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Captain kangaroo-some show Sunday morning that sang “aroom zoom zoom, aroom zoom zoom, gilly gilly gilly gilly a za za” and had a small green dressed man; like a fairy-Casper the friendly ghost-Beverly Hill Billy’s-my favorite Martian-lost in space-laugh-in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody remember Peyton Place? It was on Tuesday and Thursday nights. My grandmother used to watch it religiously, which meant that I watched it, too. I don't remember that much about it. It may have been one of the first night time soaps.

I also remember Speed Racer (Go, Speed Racer, gooooo!) and Johnny Quest. What about Maya, starring Jay North and....and....hang on a second....Sajid Khan (had to look him up). I watched the one and only season.

Patty Duke Show and Donna Reed, although I watched them more on Nick at Nite. Rick remembers Dobie Gillis, which I also watched on Nick for a while.

Rick says he has seen every episode of Andy Griffith.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody remember Peyton Place? It was on Tuesday and Thursday nights. My grandmother used to watch it religiously, which meant that I watched it, too. I don't remember that much about it. It may have been one of the first night time soaps.

I also remember Speed Racer (Go, Speed Racer, gooooo!) and Johnny Quest. What about Maya, starring Jay North and....and....hang on a second....Sajid Khan (had to look him up). I watched the one and only season.

Patty Duke Show and Donna Reed, although I watched them more on Nick at Nite. Rick remembers Dobie Gillis, which I also watched on Nick for a while.

Rick says he has seen every episode of Andy Griffith.
Isn't that where Mia Farrow got her start? I remember the program, along with a lot of other 60s stuff, but then I was no longer a child at that point.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Arthur
- Hey Arnold!
- Wishbone
- Recess
- Bunch of anime lol
- The Magic School Bus
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Hercules
- Xena Warrior Princess

Ah, good times. At the risk of sounding like a cliche old foggie, they don't make them like they used to.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise