Question of the Day, Friday, January 3 2020

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Rick and I were talking this morning about all sorts of things. Our Friday question is courtesy of Dear Richard:

As a child, what was your favorite television show?

I don't think I had any favorite shows. When we were young, Mom and Dad made us go to bed at 8:00. But they'd fall asleep in front of the television. I do remember, getting out of bed, standing in the doorway of the bathroom, and watching Bewitched in the living room. If I got caught, I'd just say that I was going to the bathroom. As I got a little older, I loved The Monkees :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: (in fairness to me, I was 11!). I remember one time Dad grounded me as punishment and he was serious. When it got to Monday night, I asked Dad if I could watch the show. He looked at me and said, "Look, I don't care what you watch. You can watch your **** Monkees. But just remember, young lady, you're grounded!" Ok then!

How about you? Any favorite shows you watched as a child?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Scooby Doo

I also loved the Monkees. We watched them in reruns in the 80's. Mickey will always be my favorite.
Before he died, Davy Jones lived in a neighboring town, not all that far from us. In fact, we still think we saw him at Lowes one night; we weren't the only ones who thought that. He was my favorite.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before he died, Davy Jones lived in a neighboring town, not all that far from us. In fact, we still think we saw him at Lowes one night; we weren't the only ones who thought that. He was my favorite.
There's a video on Youtube showing someone meeting him at Wal Mart. They sang Daydream Believer together. I've always heard that he was a really nice guy.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorites were Medical Center and Emergency!, which inspired me to pursue a career in the medical field. Well, at least my first career path anyway. :wink:

I also loved Star Trek (the original series). Until we finally got a color TV, I had no idea that the crew members who got killed were wearing red shirts. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was really little, I liked Romper Room and The Friendly Giant. :) When I was a bit older, it was Bewitched, Get Smart and Family Affair, Green Acres, etc.

I also liked The Monkees. Davy Jones was my first crush. Then when The Partridge Family came on, I found my 2nd crush - David Cassidy. Sadly both of them are are gone now, as are a lot of the actors from the shows I watched as a kid. :frown:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on Nick@Nite in the 90s. My favorites were I Love Lucy, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeannie. In middle school, I loved Laverne & Shirley and in high school, I was obsessed with Who's The Boss?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fave when I was really young was the Lone Ranger. As a teenager, I loved all the Westerns that were on - Maverick, Have Gun, Will Travel, Bonanza, the Virginian, Wagon Train, and so on. Westerns were really, really big in the '50s. I was shocked when I found out Wells Fargo was a real bank; I only knew them as a stagecoach line.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Price is Right. My Gram and I watched every day during lunch. If Gram was in the other room still making lunch and a car came up for a prize I'd holler "A CAR!! A CAR!!" and Gram would hurry in to see if they'd win it. She was the best Gram ever. :lol: :hearthrob:

Other favs: The Muppet Babies, The Flintstones, Fraggle Rock.