Question of the Day - Friday - January 29th

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, was really good at them too and have a lot of trophies and metals. Now I just play recreationally.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played soccer when I was little, around 9-10 years old. Was going to do it again in HS until I found out that the soccer camp you had to attend required you to get up at 5:30am in the summer time!

Currently I bowl, and have been since 2005.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom always tried to get me to play sports when I was younger, but I preferred chasing butterflies or picking daisies. lol I was in track for one whole week in middle school. I played soccer in kindergarten and softball in middle school also for short periods. I'm not really the athletic type. I did ice skate though all through elementary school and was pretty good at it. Got second place in a competition in 5th grade, my last year doing it, and was only 2 points or something behind first place.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Nope. All the way back to kindergarten I'd get sick after any sort of strenuous physical activity, and often get intense chest pain from it. Plus I had some hypermobility and back problems early on.
I had very similar problems even as a very young child. That is the reason I was only in track for a week. Running makes me puke, even short distances. I still to this day can't do much heavy physical activity without getting sick, plus I have the bad joint pain to go with it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I had very similar problems even as a very young child. That is the reason I was only in track for a week. Running makes me puke, even short distances. I still to this day can't do much heavy physical activity without getting sick, plus I have the bad joint pain to go with it.
I don't think I was greatly deprived, though. I'm sure you feel sort of the same way. I found stuff I could do at my pace. I'd play outside when it wasn't too hot and when it was, I'd be inside reading/drawing/painting/making something.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm loyal to my #1 passion in life - cats. I've showed cats since I was 2 and now with breeding and judging them too it doesn't leave any free weekends for other "sports".

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played netball, softball and tennis during primary school and part of high school.