Question Of The Day, Friday, January 26

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't used to wash anything until one day I went to work in a top that smelled like the store I bought it in. I spent the whole day sniffing eau de Penney's, and after that, I've always washed everything.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
About the only thing I don't wash is socks. I guess I figure the bacteria on my feet will kill anything. Everything else I do, most are made in factories that are manned by almost slave labor, and the hygiene would gag a maggot. Even if a lot of it is machined packed it is still handled by people who could have just went to the bathroom and didn't wash their hands, gagged, spit, sneezed and coughed all over everything, and I shudder to think of the rats and roaches that come out at night. I do buy almost everything with a USA tag, and I got to admit SOME sweaters I don't wash because, like said above, never fit the same. Even the big factories here in the US can't be much better. If they allow so many roach parts in peanut butter here in the states I don't want to know what they allow over there!
:thud:

I never thought of that before. You can bet your life I'm going to wash everything I buy before I wear it from now on.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
About the only thing I don't wash is socks.
That's one of the things I always wash. :lol:

Sheets are also a must wash. As far as clothes, some of it depends on where I bought it and what type of clothes they are.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do because a friend of mine has a sister in the clothing business. She was told during shipping of this type of cargo they also ship bugs and unwanted guests so often there are poisons and critter killer used. The thought of wearing stuff previously exposed to poisons or cockroaches! Gross!!!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just washed some brand new sheets for the truck. I like them to smell fresh and clean when I get back in.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everything gets washed before use. Firstly, because I have very sensitive skin and dyes & chemicals burn me. Secondly, because ewww, you never know who or what touched them. I don't even like trying on clothes in the store.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i wash every new thing before using them -- clothing, towels and such, and bedding. i don't wash comforters and quilts though (because the filling many times gets bunched up in random areas of them), instead i use duvet covers over them and wash the duvet covers.
YEP! Me too!! I do wash comforters tough. Mostly just when I'm changing one out, so it's clean to put away. All of mine have that poly fill, so washes fine. I just always make sure to do it on delegate to be safe. :thumbsup: