question of the day Friday jan 6th

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although many years of experience have led me to have a rather jaundiced outlook on life, I am not by nature prone to 'down' periods. Nevertheless, working with my hands, whether in the garden or in the workshop, is my cure for the 'blahs', especially when I can stand back and see what I have accomplished.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Though I don't "love" to clean, if I take an hour and tidy up my space I feel better. When things are a bit more organized and in their place, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I also love training my dog(s), and it really doesn't matter what I'm teaching. It's fun to see them go from having no idea what I want to actively offering it within minutes.
Sometimes the best thing for me is to just retreat to a quiet room and stay there and just feel my feelings, and ask myself why do I think I'm feeling so down?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well remembering all the things i have to be grateful for always helps. from the simplest most basic things like food to eat a roof over my head a hot shower any time i feel like it. when i break things down like that i have no cause/reason to feel down or need to be cheered up.even with this possible cancer issuei have no cause or right to feel down over things. i had 50 years of life living learning doing stuff etc. compared to knowing there are little kids already fighting cancer that never had the chance to play outside before having to fight for their life.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
well remembering all the things i have to be grateful for always helps. from the simplest most basic things like food to eat a roof over my head a hot shower any time i feel like it. when i break things down like that i have no cause/reason to feel down or need to be cheered up.even with this possible cancer issuei have no cause or right to feel down over things. i had 50 years of life living learning doing stuff etc. compared to knowing there are little kids already fighting cancer that never had the chance to play outside before having to fight for their life.
This is such a great way to be. 🙂

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Time, when a particular worry about the future is on my mind.

Daisy doing a poo when I’m edgy about how long it’s been. That’s very cheering.
I have had so many poop celebrations when I'm clutching the phone, ready to call the vet!
Worries of the future can really bother me. I sometimes have to tell myself there's nothing I can do, but I think a part of my brain got set on "worry" and the off switch to it broke. 😭

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had so many poop celebrations when I'm clutching the phone, ready to call the vet!
Worries of the future can really bother me. I sometimes have to tell myself there's nothing I can do, but I think a part of my brain got set on "worry" and the off switch to it broke. 😭
Long, long ago, a shipmate of mine had a philosophy concerning worry that went thusly:
We can be sent to 'Nam or not
If we don't get sent, there's nothing to worry about
If we do get sent, we can get shot, or not
If we don't get shot, there's nothing to worry about
If we do get shot, we either live, or we die
If we live, there's nothing to worry about; while if we die, what good will worrying do?
I liked it then, and have tried to follow it for more than 50 years now. Besides, it's good for the blood pressure.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh yes. It’s always money worries for me.
Daisy’s only left it that long once, fortunately! I’m watching the clock now, it’s just over 24 hours, she’s just had lunch and I’m saying “Time for you to go and do a poo” - but she’s decided she needs to shred my medication info sheet and have a bath first. :lol:

7393810F-5428-4999-9189-5076FFFB307B.jpeg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Long, long ago, a shipmate of mine had a philosophy concerning worry that went thusly:
We can be sent to 'Nam or not
If we don't get sent, there's nothing to worry about
If we do get sent, we can get shot, or not
If we don't get shot, there's nothing to worry about
If we do get shot, we either live, or we die
If we live, there's nothing to worry about; while if we die, what good will worrying do?
I liked it then, and have tried to follow it for more than 50 years now. Besides, it's good for the blood pressure.
That pretty much lays it out the way it is, thanks for sharing. It makes a lot of sense. :) I have a bad habit of trying to plan for possible events that could happen decades from now, and all it does is make me tired. I am a firm believer in being prepared, but that can be taken WAY too seriously IMO.