question of the day friday jan 20th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
what one song brings back memories for you ?
for me it is " the metro" by berlin and it takes back to 1991 when the gulf war started and i was just 18 years old in high school

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of songs that evoke memories from different times of my life; some good, some not so much. If I had to pick just one, however, it would be The Animals' We've Got to Get Out of This Place. Back in the day, it was almost an anthem for those of us in uniform.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. When my dad became ill and needed 24 hour skilled care I was driving to the nursing facility and this song came on the radio. It immediately made me think of him and still does to this day. :touched:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of songs that evoke memories from different times of my life; some good, some not so much. If I had to pick just one, however, it would be The Animals' We've Got to Get Out of This Place. Back in the day, it was almost an anthem for those of us in uniform.
So that song echoed your desires? It’s a fantastic song, for so many reasons.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Can’t narrow it down to one. Been to so many smoky, scrappy, dusty little venues to see Joe Strummer, Hanoi Rocks, Stranglers, Joan Jett, Undertones, Phantom Chords, Buzzcocks, Love Spit Love, Blondie, Cramps & countless other denizens, it’s all a joyous, intimate, crazy blur.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So many songs bring back so many memories, I could make a list long enough to wrap the equator twice. But I have this playlist about 4-5 hours long of really soothing, relaxing music, with wind instruments and wind chimes and elements of the earth I would play every single day for Tag (and the others) when I would go to work when he was sick.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer brings me back to Antarctica because our group on the boat kept requesting it be played and we'd all just sing loudly and badly.

There are more, but I'll stick with one.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Soul Asylum's Tell Me When takes me back to how I felt in high school. It might not be sweet memories, but it's my life.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent. I remember holding my little grandson's hands and dancing with him to it after he got scratched by one of my cats after being repeatedly being told to stay away from her. i was trying to instill in him a love of cats (his folks are dog lovers) and Chrissy was NOT cooperating. He still remembers it at 15! ( and likes cats) He learned a valuable lesson that day and I gained a wonderful memory.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything by the Doors. Their music puts me right back to the era, the headshops, it's almost like I can smell the incense.