Question of the Day, Friday, February 7

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A rug my grandmother sewed on her loom before my mother was born, She was born in 1921. It's beautiful
and I use it in my kitchen, I wash it on gentle and it never frays.The colors go well with the dark hickory color
of my faux wood flooring.Also, a skillet my great-grandmother brought from what was then Yugoslavia when
they immigrated. They came to US in about 1902.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
N NY cat man I have an older (circa early 70s) 5-quart KA tilt-head stand mixer that works beautifully. A few years ago, we bought a KA Professional 6-quart bowl-lift mixer. I don't like it as much as I like the older one. It's not nearly as smooth as my older mixer, even with trying to maneuver the beater around, so it touches properly. I use it when I'm making double cookie batches and the like. But I use my older KA more often and keep both of them in the kitchen.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I bet your dishes do make a pretty table!

M mooch , oh, we have one of those nut grinders! It's packed away in a tote in the basement because it's none-too-clean and we really don't know how to clean it. How do you clean something like that? It's all yellowed and it's sticky. Rick kept it, saying that he'd clean it up, but hasn't done it yet.

Mia6 Mia6 Grandma used to make braided rugs and I have one of the few that are left. I have it on the bedroom floor next to the bed.

I also have Grandma's wooden rolling pin. When Rick's mom went into the nursing home, she gave me her rolling pin, too, and I've kept it, thinking that maybe our granddaughter might like it someday.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I have an older (circa early 70s) 5-quart KA tilt-head stand mixer that works beautifully. A few years ago, we bought a KA Professional 6-quart bowl-lift mixer. I don't like it as much as I like the older one. It's not nearly as smooth as my older mixer, even with trying to maneuver the beater around, so it touches properly. I use it when I'm making double cookie batches and the like. But I use my older KA more often and keep both of them in the kitchen.

susanm9006 susanm9006 I bet your dishes do make a pretty table!

M mooch , oh, we have one of those nut grinders! It's packed away in a tote in the basement because it's none-too-clean and we really don't know how to clean it. How do you clean something like that? It's all yellowed and it's sticky. Rick kept it, saying that he'd clean it up, but hasn't done it yet.

Mia6 Mia6 Grandma used to make braided rugs and I have one of the few that are left. I have it on the bedroom floor next to the bed.

I also have Grandma's wooden rolling pin. When Rick's mom went into the nursing home, she gave me her rolling pin, too, and I've kept it, thinking that maybe our granddaughter might like it someday.
Michele was using the new one to mix some bread dough, and she said that when she went to raise it up, the dough hook fell off. That never happened with the old one. Fortunately, she hasn't tossed the old one yet.