Question of the Day, Friday, February 5

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

We are big pizza fans. Whether it's homemade pizza or Freschetta's or Digiorno's or take out, we love pizza. It's usually a Friday night thing around here. No knife and fork; we just pick up a slice, double it over, and chow down. If it's a smaller slice, then I'll pick it up and start eating from the triangle end and work my way up to the crust. And we always eat the crust!

How do you eat your pizza? Do you use a knife and fork? Or do you double the slice over and eat it that way? Do you start nibbling at the end of the slice and work your way up to the crust? How do you like to eat your pizza? Do you eat the crust, too?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first get it, I eat it end to crust using my hands. I eat the crust too. After reheating it the next day, for some reason, I need to use a knife and fork to eat it. Sometimes the crust will get hard after heating so eating that depends on how it turned out.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only like thin pizzas - so there's no crust to cut away. We use a knife and fork - though, I admit, if the pizza is not too floppy, I cut off a triangle and pick it up with my fingers. Many years ago, in Rome, I watched how the locals ate those pizzas with a pile of rocket on them. The customers just folded the pizza in half and ate it in their hands. I wasn't acquainted with rocket in those days, didn't speak the language, so just pointed and the waiter brought me one. It was a delicious pizza but I didn't trust myself to eat it like the Romans did. Knife and fork is always a safer bet as far as I'm concerned, particularly in a restaurant.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We only like thin pizzas - so there's no crust to cut away. We use a knife and fork - though, I admit, if the pizza is not too floppy, I cut off a triangle and pick it up with my fingers. Many years ago, in Rome, I watched how the locals ate those pizzas with a pile of rocket on them. The customers just folded the pizza in half and ate it in their hands. I wasn't acquainted with rocket in those days, didn't speak the language, so just pointed and the waiter brought me one. It was a delicious pizza but I didn't trust myself to eat it like the Romans did. Knife and fork is always a safer bet as far as I'm concerned, particularly in a restaurant.
what is rocket?

I'll eat anyway. hand, knife and fork. I prefer a think crust

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rocket is the British word for arugula.

On a regular pizza, I start at the pointy end and make my way down to the crust. On rectangular / square pizzas, I start at a corner. I do eat the crust.

I once worked with someone who would remove all the cheese and toppings from a slice of pizza and just eat the sauce covered crust
😮 He said he liked pizza but not the cheese or toppings. But it's not a pizza then. It's just bread with sauce :dunno:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat it from the point, whether it needs to be folded depends on how big and/or floppy it is. Eating it with a knife and fork seems too fussy, but I suppose if it's a very messy pizza it may be necessary or advisable.

I like to have marinara or ranch dipping sauce, for the whole thing not just the crust.

I usually eat the crust, although not if it's bland and hard/dry and I don't have dipping sauce.

Thin vs "regular" crust depends on the toppings. For an average cheese or pepperoni I like regular crust, for fancy pizzas I prefer thin crust. I don't like most deep dish pizzas; too greasy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza is a major thing where I come from. I'll eat any kind but what I really prefer is a good thick crust cut into squares. Every kid in my family has teethed on the crust from one pizzeria in my hometown. It's SO good! Not blah and flavorless like some places crust. You don't even need toppings with it either. Their plain cheese pizza is enough. :cloud9: My dad won't order from them anymore because the dad who started the shop retired to Florida and left his son's in charge and they jacked the prices up like crazy. Dad says he already made the Father a millionaire; he's not making the son's millionaires too. :flail:

Here we typically order thin pizza. I eat from the point to the crust most of the time. Sometimes I'll eat the crust first. It just depends on where the pizza is from and what i'm doing. If I'm reading a book it's gotta stay one handed. But I do eat the crust too. Occasionally I'll get the garlic sauce to drizzle on top so that makes the crust extra good too. The only pizza I eat with a knife and fork is stuffed pizza from the place in the mall.

My step-dad always puts 2 slices together like a sandwich. When my youngest step-sibling graduated their mom came down and was at my parent's house. I was in the kitchen when she walked in the room and looked at a plate on the counter with 2 slices together like that. She justs looked at it and said "That's ____'s pizza." and we both laughed. :lol: Apparently that's been his pizza eating style since he was a teenager. If not before. :lol:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pizza isn't on the menu with my diet (which I have to be on ... I need to lose over 100 pounds). But when I *did* eat pizza, just eat from the point (formerly part of the center) to the crust. Usually just ate it flat. When I got to the crust, that's when the dipping sauce (a garlic butter) would be employed.

Frequently ordered from Domino's, which our family joke was that "tonight, the cat will cook" because one of my cats is named Domino.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Omgosh. I grew up on pizza! Every Saturday night for supper. Pizza is a major game player in my city!

I love a nice thin crust pizza, with a good amount of sauce and tons of cheese. I also love to sprinkle dried oregano on my slices.

I start from the tip and go all the way to the crust— including that also. If it is especially thin, I will fold it over and eat it that way, until the crust; then. I will unfold it and eat the crust.

There is only one bakery in my city, where I buy thick crusted pan pizza. Only one place. Love it, for a change.

Not eating pizza in my city is sacra religious!!!!!
1612566932120.png