Question of the Day, Friday, February 5

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Used to watch it, but the last time was when the Rams--the St. Louis Rams--beat Tennessee back in 2000. Now since Stan Kronke has ripped the team out of St. Louis, I care even less. And I didn't care that much before.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be carefully not watching.  I grew up and still live in the Denver area.  When I was a kid and we first got the Broncos, my dad went out and bought season tickets that I'm pretty sure we couldn't afford.  Two adult tickets, and one child's ticket.  My brothers and I took turns going to the games with my parents, and I learned one very important thing -- when I watch the Broncos play, they lose.  (Yes, I know.  That has nothing to do with it.  Total superstition.  I don't care.  I don't have many superstitions, but this is one of them.)

The first time the Broncos won, I was at a Super Bowl party.  I carefully took along some needlework, so I'd have something else to pay attention to; I only looked up for the commercials and reruns of important plays (it doesn't count as watching if it's not real-time).  And then we won, and everyone else was screaming and dancing, and all I could think was that my father should have lived long enough to see it.

This Sunday I'll be taking some needlework to another Super Bowl party, along with a few diabetes-friendly snacks for myself.

Go Broncos!

Margret