Question of the Day, Friday, February 20

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate pasta salads.
I Iike chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, a ton of lettuce and seedless grapes mixed with salt, pepper, lemon juice and heinz mayonnaise. I also like potato salad but I'm not adventurous. It's usually just potatoes, onions and maybe hard boiled eggs with salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
I like arugula with a dressing my
daughter makes with a dressing she makes.
I love coleslaw with lots of mayonnaise. Actually I could skip the salad and just eat the mayonnaise. Lovely stuff.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@MargeCat
I also make a cheat pasta salad. It's suddenly salad classic to the dressing directions I add extra 1/2 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp red wine vinegar. To this salad I add sliced black olives, diced cukes, tomatoes, red peppers and shredded carrot. It's been a hit at family BBQ's.
Oooh, that sounds great! I will try it the next time. Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Another vote for arugula here! :wavey: Lately we've been really enjoying arugula with sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, basil, pine nuts and just a bit of fresh mozzarella. I top that with a drizzle of a good quality balsamic vinegar and sometimes a flavored olive oil.

I also,love a salad like Kelly described with avocado, corn, black beans, etc with a cilantro dressing.

Last edited:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy salads with Romaine lettuce. Iceberg is okay with me too.
My favorite dressing is blue cheese, yummm. But I'll also get balsamic vinaigrette, French, Italian etc. Do not like ranch dressing!
When I go out I usually get a Caesar salad, since I never know if the house/garden salads are romaine/iceberg or mixed greens. And I enjoy a simple Caesar salad anyway.
Loveeee cheese on my salads, and croutons.

I am NOT a fan of the mixed green salads aka "weeds-salads" as I call them, that have leaves that look like they came from a dandelion lol. Or any that have egg or nuts in them.