Question of the Day, Friday, February 19

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are blinds on all the downstairs windows that came with the house.  It also had drapes but I told the previous owners they could take them. The house was so dark, no light was let in, dark wood floors, dark colors on the wall.  I put up light colored sheers in the front and dinning rooms, the sun can shine through but you can't really see into the house.  How ever since the cats arrived the sheers are tied together so they have access to the windows.  I only close the blinds on really hot days to keep the house cooler.  I didn't put anything on the back windows I like the view.

Upstairs the boys have drapes and Kim has room darkening and noise deafening drapes.  They are meant for a baby's room.  I put shower curtains on my bedroom windows.  I couldn't find any drapes or curtains I liked after looking for months.  Then I ran across these looking for a shower curtain for the bathroom.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
No blinds here. We've got sheer curtains for the windows/French doors and roll-down shutters. The only drapes are thermal ones in the spare bedroom so that we can leave the balcony door partially open (with the shutters rolled most of the way down) for Mogli when it's very cold or hot.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Very old Venetian blinds in the bathroom, bedroom and office. These have been thoroughly climbed by kittens and need to be replaced, but so does half of the house.

Long, thick draft excluding curtains in the living room. Kind of old and faded, but they keep the room a lot warmer.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The dining room window has double windows with a blind across. There is a rooster valance at the top and a rooster valance at the kitchen window. All other windows except the master bedroom have muslin Priscillas with a pull down vinyl shade. The bedroom has double windows with vinyl shades. There are blue panels with a blue valance and sheers in the middle. I don't care much for blinds.

I want some new curtains for the living room and bedroom. I would love to have the thermal room darkening grommet panels with sheers in the middle in each room.