Question of the Day, Friday, February 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!

How do you sleep? Are you a side sleeper, do you sleep on your back or stomach?

I usually start out on my right side (because Muffin tucks herself into me under my neck with her paws over my left shoulder. Then, at some point, I switch over to my left side. Sometimes Molli needs to be with me, so then I start out on my left side, until she gets too warm and goes up to my pillow and stretches out along my head. Then I tend to stay on my left side. Never on my back and never on my stomach. It all depends on which cat needs the attention, I think. Sometimes, when Dear Richard is sleeping on his left side, I'll try to spoon with him. But Molli doesn't like that and she'll come in between us, so I have to move away.

How do you sleep?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a side sleeper, which was ideal for pregnancy. I usually switch sides several times. I've done both stomach and back in the past, but I've been side for several years.

My daughter often gets herself into this position. I'm not sure how it's comfortable.
20220218_095114.jpg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Started fetal, but Zorro is a foot fetishist. He’d drape himself over my left foot, causing it to fall asleep. Now I am “side scissors,” w/ Zorro sleeping against one leg. He paws my face just before the cat feeder goes off, because he’s excited, and while he’s racing off for the 4AM snack, I hastily switch over to the other side of my scissor. Repeat.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Side sleeper, with Circe against me from hip to shoulder, Domino and TV around my feet, frequently Jemmy in the crook at the back of my knees (whenever he gets tuckered from playing with Leo), and sometimes Cosette on my pillow.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a side sleeper; which side depends on who gets in bed with me first. If it's Stretch, then it's right side; if it's Miss Eleanor, then it's the left side, as that's where she likes to curl up and cuddle.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a side sleeper, which was ideal for pregnancy. I usually switch sides several times. I've done both stomach and back in the past, but I've been side for several years.

My daughter often gets herself into this position. I'm not sure how it's comfortable.
View attachment 411282
Shashankasana (pose of the child)! You have a little yogi.
It's considered to be a very nurturing, settling pose. :)