Question Of The Day, Friday, February 16

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh, I've never see a stamp with no picture. I didn't know they made those. Most from the vending machines are flag stamps of various types. Could be some kind of transitional thing. Heh, now I'm curious, have to look that up.

Ah, something like this: A voting risk in 'forever' stamp

Yeah, only the big POs have those machines. I've never even seen one :paperbag:.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20180216_161935.jpg

I guess they do have a printed picture on them. Instead of a flag it's a cartoon like mail man. I bought these a long time ago, I am down to only 2 now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Mr Zip! I have a plywood cutout of him in the back of the office that was used for display many moons ago. I think he should still be the USPS mascot :D.

There are some good stamps coming out this year. America The Beautiful, Roses, Bioluminescent Life, John Lennon, Mr Rogers, Sally Ride. . .I think those will be popular.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the pets stamps. Sometimes I get the flowers or the regular flag ones.

The post office still has rolls of stamps? Are they self adhesive? My parents still get stamps but the ones you have to lick to moisten the sticky adhesive. I had no idea that those were still sold or even made.
Yes, they are in a roll of 100, self adhesive Forever Stamps, in the Flag picture.
It lasts me for about a year or longer. Easier than running out, when You need a stamp.

I cannot remember the last time I had to lick a stamp. How old are the ones your parents have? and where in heck, did they get them?

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only use about 10 a year. I just buy the forever stamps. At Christmas I buy just enough for the cards I am sending which is only maybe 8 or 10 at the most. All my bills are auto draft

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
As retired postal employees, my husband and I have to support the Postal Service! We still mail a lot of bills. Greeting cards, too, and sometimes packages. He gets rolls of forever stamps, while I favor the Celebrate! ones or something that reflects either the contents or the interests of the recipient or me. And of course, our custom-made holiday cards have to have holiday stamps. We usually send out between 75 and 100 of them.

Our office was a major one that had a Postique, which was a special area set aside for browsers and collectors. All Postal products were displayed and the clerks were especially knowledgeable about them and what collectors wanted. It also had a lot of old Post Office memorabilia going way back over more than 150 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
~ I use too many stamps . They sell Forever stamps at the market I shop at - so I always buy them there .
They call it "Snail Mail" for a reason ... ``:ohwell:
At work, I will usually email my plan reviews to the engineer or surveyor with a note that says "Hard copy to follow via The Snail"
They all know what I mean.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do buy stamps. I buy the Forever and usually try to buy something patriotic. The last time, I bought flowers just to thing of springtime coming. I take my letters to the post office to mail them, not in my box on this country road.