Question Of The Day, Friday, February 16

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :woo:

I'm excited for a three-day weekend. I have off work on Monday for the Presidents' Day holiday. And my co-worker is hosting his roundtable discussion at work today; it's an all-day thing, so he had to order lunch for everybody. He chose pizza! :woohoo: And since he's our co-worker, he made sure there was plenty of pizza for us for lunch, too. Yum

Anyway......When you buy postage stamps, what kind do you buy? Do you buy the Forever flag stamps or do you buy a certain style? Do you use many stamps?

Rick is the stamp-buyer in the family. He likes to buy Christmas stamps during the holidays. He'll buy some pet stamps from time to time. He likes to look to see what's interesting and sometimes he'll come home with some really unusual stamps. We don't use many stamps anymore as we pay many bills and such online now.

What do you buy?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I usually mail one thing a month, my maint. bill for my Co-op. Everything else is done online.

I get the forever stamps. I buy the flag, but the lady gave me floral ones last time instead. It's a story and can't get into it here without it being political.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't use as many stamps as I did in the past but I still buy stamps. I always buy Forever stamps, sometimes the flag, sometimes another design. The only time I'm picky about which ones I buy is at the holidays.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy my stamps at the grocery store and I just buy whatever they hand me. I don't like Christmas stamps because I always have some left over after Christmas and I don't like using them out of season. I try to avoid them if possible.

I still pay my bills by mail and I use about 5 stamps a month.

Muffy

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't mail much anymore, so rarely need stamps. When I do, I just buy a book of 10 stamps.

Canadian stamps don't have money amounts on them anymore, so one bought this year can still be used after the price of stamps goes up. I'm guessing that's the same with the "forever flag stamps".

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy a roll of the plain " Forever" Stamps. This lasts a long time.

It was at Christmas, this year, that I got some Christmas Stamps. I have not done that for a while. I wanted my Cards to go out, looking pretty!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the pets stamps. Sometimes I get the flowers or the regular flag ones.

I buy a roll of the plain " Forever" Stamps.
The post office still has rolls of stamps? Are they self adhesive? My parents still get stamps but the ones you have to lick to moisten the sticky adhesive. I had no idea that those were still sold or even made.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't buy them often but I look for the pet stamps first. if they don't have those, I get whichever ones catch my eye.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I buy whatever Forever stamp they have. I'm not picky about them.

When I was getting married we sent my father to the post office to get the stamps for the wedding invitations. He came back with World War II stamps. :flail::flail::flail: My 24 year-old self was mortified and had him go back and switch them. Now, I think it's funny and would probably use them. :lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i always buy the Forever stamps, in 20 stamp 'books'. if given a choice of the design on the Forever stamps, i'll choose whichever one looks interesting. i also try to watch the news for postage prices going to be going up, and when i come across that i'll buy extra Forever stamps...before the postage prices do go up (again).

right now, i have some Christmas themed, flowers or butterfly themed, and i think 2 flag themed Forever stamps. to me, a stamp is a stamp......i'll use whatever themed stamp i have.

i don't use stamps often. there's just one bill that needs to be mailed, the quarterly water bill. occasionally, though seems to be occasional-but-on-a-regular-basis, i'll have a document(s) that need to be mailed off.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely use stamps but when I purchase them, it's the forever stamps.
Many years ago I worked at a post office and would purchase stamps in many different denominations and designs. I would then send letters to my mom with the envelope completely covered in stamps! She always got such a kick out of that. (Anything to make mom smile!):D

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
In the UK, we have 1st and 2nd class stamps for standard or large letters - they all cost a considerable sum but when you think that I received two 'Luffy Giant Marimo Moss Balls' in 1st class large letter post today, that I bought yesterday, for 98p (approximately $1.34), then it seems really quite reasonable.

4aa9d8d147d8aa33cbb38e91b7564a81.jpg
:fish:

Presidents' Day, 19th February, is my cat, Dudley's, 2nd birthday, so I'll be having cake and he'll be having something deliciously fishy. :bday:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All first-class stamps are forever stamps now :D. Saves us all kinds of time and money not having to fuss with penny stamps, ugh.
The post office still has rolls of stamps? Are they self adhesive? My parents still get stamps but the ones you have to lick to moisten the sticky adhesive. I had no idea that those were still sold or even made.
Yep, rolls of 100 are still sold. They're self-adhesive. Only available in flags. Where DO your parents find the licky kind? I haven't seen any in at least 5 years, lol.

I only use about 5 stamps a month. I like the unusual ones. I currently have the Eclipse stamps (they change color when you warm them up) and the "Have a Ball!" stamps (which are sports balls, round with texture on them). I also use the Post Office stamped envelopes for bills that don't come with their own return envelopes. Very convenient.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I like the unusual ones, too. Last time I bought stamps, they had these.

IMG_4445.jpg

"With the release of the new Delicioso Forever® stamps, the U.S. Postal Service celebrates the influence of Central and South American, Mexican, and Caribbean foods and flavors on American cuisine."

I pay most of my bills online, too, so a page of 20 stamps lasts awhile.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only ever buy them myself at Christmas time. And then I just get whatever the cutest one is that year.

DH gets stamps any other time we need them. He ends up near different post offices when hes working so he just gets them then. We don't use nearly as many as we used to. He isn't picky about the style either.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so very rarely mail anything, I just buy a stamp and give the letter to the Post Office to mail. Since I don't have a mailbox and have to go to the PO anyway to mail it, it's just easier to do it all at once.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I very very rarely mail anything. The last time I needed a stamp the line at our little post office was long with only one person working the counter so I bought forever stamps from the machine. They got rid of the machine where you could get just one stamp ages ago so I bought the least amount of the forever stamps from the machine that they have now which was 20. That was several years ago and I still have 3 or 4 of them left. They didn't have any designs on them. They were actually really odd looking like something that you could print out, no pictures or anything but they work.