question of the day Friday feb 17th

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a time when I did, but not any more. Flying has become such a pain in the butt as to be out of the question, and amusement parks no longer hold any attraction anyway. Were it not for the cats, I would like to visit places like Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon, or maybe Mount Rushmore, only by driving or, where possible, by train. Also, I still would like to take Michele on one of those Windjammer cruises, but realistically, I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd love to travel if I had the money and time. I'd want to go to Japan, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Greece, and Australia. I am not the type of person to just go and flop on a beach for a week. I need something to do, so the exotic ports of call have no appeal for me.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love to travel, but I've gotten to the point I'd rather just stay home. I would love to go visit my family in PA, but it's complicated at the moment.
I want to travel badly. But with all our cats and no one to care for them, unfortunately overnight is the most we can do. Someday, we will, but that means our cats are gone and that makes me sad too, to think of that.....
Ever since we got cats, we either don't travel or travel separately if we are going to visit family. I don't even like to think about leaving them overnight. It's been many years since either of us went anywhere (husband has health issues so as much as I'd like to, for now, can't leave him alone).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to travel badly. But with all our cats and no one to care for them, unfortunately overnight is the most we can do. Someday, we will, but that means our cats are gone and that makes me sad too, to think of that.....
This. The cats are the main reason we stopped going away. Our pet sitter (a very close friend) moved overseas for a few years.

We love traveling when able to. Hopefully at some point we'll be able to find another reliable person to watch the kitties. We'd love to explore so many places, don't even know if there is a top contender.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love to travel and see the world. I especially love historical sites and museums, but cool nature is also neat to see.

We don't worry about the cats overmuch since neither are currently medically complex and we have enough family in the area we can have someone check on them every other day or so, but traveling is much harder with a toddler and baby, especially if you have to think about things like taking car seats on planes. I'm sure once the kids are older we'll go back to traveling more often and farther distances.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Same here. I think the only traveling I will do is to go see DD. I can drive there and the girls and I can stay at a pet friendly hotel.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes and no. I hate the process of traveling. I hate the prep; getting the house set up, everyone packed and a sitter arranged for Mooch who will handle her meds and routine well. It's STRESSFUL!!

I do enjoy the places we visit. I love being with my family and DH's. I enjoy the change of pace and scenery and making memories with my kids. The ONLY thing about the lockdowns was not having to travel. Starting to travel again was mentally very difficult because it is just such a crazy mental load for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hate the process of traveling. I hate the prep; getting the house set up, everyone packed and a sitter arranged for Mooch who will handle her meds and routine well. It's STRESSFUL!!
:yeah: I agree, the prep and what you have to go through at the airport now takes away all the fun but once I arrive and return safely I'm glad for the travel experience. We visited one of our daughters in the UK over the summer and it was so worth it just to see her. :hearthrob: I fell in love with the architecture and scenery too. As for traveling this summer I may or may not visit a close friend from high school.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love travelling! I've been lucky enough to have been to many countries in Europe, but I've also been to a few countries in North Africa, and some states in the US. I have trips for Ireland and Spain planned this year, but if I could pick somewhere else I'd really like to go to, it'd have to be South Korea.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to; I’ve been to the UK, France and US. Now that I drive I quite like going places, but I’m full-time carer for my mother, so have neither the time nor the money to do long trips. Being out for a few hours is all I can manage (or have the energy for, tbh). Going on a holiday would mean putting my mother in residential care, and the last time I did that she broke her hip at the nursing home. It would also mean boarding the cats. Not happening.