Question of the Day, Friday, December 31

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy New Years Eve, Guys! :party2:

What do you do at midnight on NYE? Do you set off fireworks? Will you be partying? Will you be in bed?

Rick and I will be out in the WeShed, watching movies. At midnight, as the ball drops, we will kiss the New Year in. Finish whatever movie we're watching and then go to bed. The days of parties are over for us. We're old fogies. And we're fine with that.

Before we head to the WeShed, I'll put some dollar bills and change into an old purse and hang in on the front door of the house. That way, the first thing we do for the New Year is bring money into the house. It means you will always bring money in throughout 2022. My grandmother did it and I do it, too.

What will you do tonight?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do nothing. Last year I stayed up, watching TV... This year, I plan of going to bed at my normal time...

Winchester Winchester I do a variation of your purse thing. I use a jar, in a paper bag. I leave a couple dollars in it and out my apartment door. If someone wants to steal it, they can have it..

It is the last thing out, and the first thing in, the next morning~~ or after midnight, IF I am up....

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before we head to the WeShed, I'll put some dollar bills and change into an old purse and hang in on the front door of the house. That way, the first thing we do for the New Year is bring money into the house. It means you will always bring money in throughout 2022. My grandmother did it and I do it, too.

What will you do tonight?
Grandma used to put money (silver coins only, of which she kept a supply after we stopped putting silver in our coins) on the windowsills on New Year's Eve for the same reason. I tried it for a few years, but it didn't work any better than leaving things to themselves.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will be just the cats and me as usual. I'll be up past midnight. I always am. The owl in me won't have it any other way.

I do the thing with the purse too. I put it on the front steps and bring it in after midnight.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk if I'll stay up until midnight or not. I try to get sleep where I can.

We'll stay at home and watch the Michigan game for sure.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been out on new year's eve since covid, I don't miss it so maybe I'm getting old. Tonight it's a film and bed probably before the bells so I'll smile at the sound's of others enjoying the evening. And maybe watch a few fireworks from my bedroom window.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love your tradition, Pam Winchester Winchester !

We made good luck lemon pigs this year! :lol: Saw them somewhere online and thought they were cute.
3A2B8B47-CAB2-47BA-9DEE-557706FF078D.jpeg

I’m making lentil soup and greens for prosperity, and a pound cake to represent the circle of life.
DE05B944-08C5-4E37-848E-9DE1492FD903.jpeg

And then we’ll be in bed by 9. :biggrin:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I heard about this money thing on TCS and it really does work 😲 I think the first year I did it I put a dollar in a jar outside the door. Early into the new year, I got a nice work bonus :biggrin: Last year I upped it to $20. Wound up with a stimulus payment, nice tax refund, (measly) pay raise, and then a new job with a bigger salary. I might put a little more than $20 out tonight to see if I get even more money next year
:anticipation:

Other than that, I'll be in bed :sleep2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We always make appetizers to munch on. DH napped with his head in my lap while we watched a service online. Then we watched the livestream fireworks show from Disney World on YouTube. I finally got my kids it bed a few minutes after 1!