question of the day Friday december 30th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
how many places have you traveled to over the years ?
heres where i have been to so far :
louisiana
all over texas ( my home state)
wyoming
colorado
new mexico
south dakota
arkansas
mississippi
montana
missouri
old mexico
north carolina
virgina
kentucky
indiana
michigan
tennessee
arizona
planned trip for next year : georgia

Last edited:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aside from VA:
Arizona, South Carolina, & Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Ohio, West Virginia, Illinois, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska, Oregon, Wyoming, South Dakota, New York, Georgia, Maryland, & Indiana.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I was in the military and originally from Kansas it would probably be easier to list the U.S. states I haven't been too. California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Alaska and Hawaii. I have been to several European countries, Germany, Britain, Denmark, Spain and Italy. I have also been to Mexico.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
tyleete tyleete wow thats a neat list there ... any trip plans for next year?
Oh dear lord no. I was a military great and lived in 4 different states growing up. Then have takenholidays both up and down the East Coast earlier on. Then we moved from VA to WA & back to VA again within a 6mo period. West Coast sucked! So why do many places. We moved back here end of 2015 and I've only attempted one holiday since. My cats let me know that wasn't in the cards for me anyone.😑 I do rescue work and got stuck with the older ones and those with medical problems. Have everything from IBD (2), hyperthyroidism, diabetes, stomatits, 2 with severe food allergies, and another with such a weakened immune system, he can't even fight off a cold without medical attention and fluids.:/ I haven't had a proper holiday on 7yrs!😭 Only small day trips are allowed. The last time I tried trusting and paying someone to tend to them, the person left my house unlocked! And with all the medicines, most don't know how to do that.
So no. No going away for me.:( My son and I always wanted to travel to Japan though. But that's just a dream.
You?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
tyleete tyleete oh yes ! im hoping to go to georgia sometime next year ... someplace i havent been to before and i have friends there too

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick has been all over the US. Me, not so much.

For me, the entire East coast, down through Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, into Florida, up into New York, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island. New Jersey
Through the MidWest, up into Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
Nevada, Arizona (My one and only plane flight)
Canada. We love to visit Niagara Falls and spend time at Niagara on the Lake. Also Toronto, Quebec, and Ottawa.

Rick can add several states to this list. He flies. I do not. He's been all over the Pacific Northwest. I'd love to go there and, if we could drive, I'd head out in a heartbeat.

We're thinking of heading back to Maine for an extended trip in 2023. We'll go with my brother and his wife. Or they'll go with us.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from NY:
All of New England, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Ontario, Quebec, France (Cannes), Spain ( Barcelona and Majorca), Greece (Athens), Italy ( Catania, Taranto, and Naples), Valletta, Malta, Punta del Gada, Azores, Bermuda, Gibraltar, San Juan Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
EDIT: I forgot Washington, D.C.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Minnesota and have lived here my entire life, so I've been to many places in the state. Outside of Minnesota, I've been to Florida many, many, many times because my grandparents lived there. The last time was in 2019 before my grandpa died. I've also been to Chicago, Door County, Wisconsin (beautiful place by the way), Bayfield, Wisconsin, various places in Michigan like Mackinac Island (also beautiful), Washington DC, Boston and Salem (this was my most recent trip in October), San Francisco, and South Dakota. Outside of the US, I've only been to a tiny town in Ontario, Canada in 2005 before I needed a passport to travel there. My dad goes fishing there pretty much every year, so I went with him that year.

My next trip with my sister might be New Orleans, Charleston or Austin. We're still working out where we want to go.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iowa is my home State. I've been to Minnesota , Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois , Indiana, Kentucky , Tennessee , Ohio, West Virginia , Pennsylvania , New York , New Jersey , Delaware , Maryland , Virginia , North & South Carolina , Georgia,Florida, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Texas, Mexico, Oklahoma , Colorado , Canada, Wyoming , Nevada, Idaho , California , Oregon , Washington State, Washington, D.C., Alaska. In Asia: South Korea, Guam, Philippines , Singapore . In Europe : Italy, Germany , England , San Marino, Lichtenstein , Vacation City, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg , Gitmo Cuba, I guess that's it so far.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jamaica, Illinois, Florida, NY, NJ, PA, VA, Texas, LA, CA, TJ, WA, DE. MI, NE, I think there’s more but I forget.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been all over Ohio, into Michigan, over to PA to go through Jersey to get to NYC. I've been to Chicago several times (traveling through Indiana), flew to Arizona, and have been to Canada (and loved it). I don't travel or get out much!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to answer, probably visited most states except Hawaii and Alaska, but many of these were just to airports and hotel conference rooms without opportunity to actually see the state. The only non US place I have visited is Canada where I traveled from Toronto to Vancouver by train.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have visited 42 US states.

Countries - Great Britain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, France, Austria, Italy, Lichtenstein, Mexico and Canada.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
England.
Wales.
Ireland.
France.
Spain.
India 3 times.
Australia 4 times.
Thailand 3 times.
China twice.
Mongolia.
Pakistan.
Nepal.
Cambodia.
Laos.
Vietnam.
Easter Island.
Chile.
Bolivia.
Peru.
Patagonia.
Argentina.
Uruguay.
North America.

And 20 years in Japan.

:)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, let's divvy this up. I've been very fortunate to travel.

North America:
- a lot of the United States (I know for sure I have not made it to the Pacific Northwest, Texas and Oklahoma, and the Carolinas, but I'd have to check with my mom to see what other states I was not schlepped to in my childhood)
-Canada (Ontario)
- Mexico (Mexico City and Puebla)

South America:
- Argentina (Buenos Aires and Ushuaia)

Europe:
-England (London)
-France (all over)
-Spain (Barcelona) okay, I'm tired of listing cities
- Switzerland
- Germany
- Italy
- Vatican City
- Croatia
- Slovakia briefly (layover, but I spent the night in a hostel, rode the bus and went to a mall so I'm counting it)

Africa:
- South Africa

Asia:
- China
- Malaysia

Australia, several cities and Tasmania

Antarctica

I think that's it. Not counting airports and layovers of only a few hours.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EUROPE
Belgium (my country of origin)
France
The Netherlands
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Hungary