Question Of The Day, Friday, December 21

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:And Happy Friday! :yess:

A question to think about this morning: If you had just one perfect room, what would it be and what would it be like for you? Would it be your kitchen? How about your bathroom? A separate room that's just for you and you alone?

With me? My kitchen. It would be kind of like the kitchen I have now, but it would be huge with lots of windows and sun tunnels for natural light. Plenty of room to move around and large enough for big family dinners. (People tend to hang out in our kitchen and, when I'm cooking, it can be a bit of a hassle, trying to move around everybody. Don't get me wrong; I love that people enjoy our kitchen.) Lots of cabinets for storage space. My stove would be gas; the double ovens would be electric. A huge baking island with tons of storage space for my baking stuff and sheets. Enough space that I can roll out dough without having to move everything out of the way. Plenty of room for all (OK, most) of my cookbooks. Room for a fireplace and some chairs for reading. (My sister has a fireplace in her kitchen and I just love it.)

I like the color our kitchen is now and I really like our cabinets and countertops, so I don't think I'd change them. And I wouldn't change the sink; I love my kitchen sink.

That's my perfect room. What about yours?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favorite room would be large and sunny, and would have cat trees galore AND a kitty highway up near the ceiling.

I've lobbied and lobbied for Mr Big Kitty because he is so very high-altitude oriented LOL, but a kitty highway is emphatically not happening. (The tops of the kitchen cabinets are ok but not the greatest for Poppy-cat when he needs an outlet for his "upwards/skywards and away" feelings.)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would definitely be my private reading/craft room. Maybe with its own bathroom but definitely a sink for water access when painting things. Bright but cozy too. Only cats and DH allowed. My introverted side craves privacy and a place to retreat to besides the master bedroom. Plus I can't do anything messy crafty in there and its too small for a recliner of any kind. I want a view and a birdfeeder/houses to look at too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
My library. I want to get rid of the 2 seperate bedrooms- knock out the closets in between these rooms and make it all one room. Book cases along walls then recliner and lamp in the middle with puzzle table set up with this wooden thingy that you can turn to work on different areas without having to walk around the table. And an art table to draw/paint. Have enough shelves for my romances/mysteries and a section for my nonfiction medical textbooks and plant books. I always wanted a library to retreat to when I read. And a radio/stereo/computer to play my vast music collection. and a tv on the wall when I want to watch a movie.

I want carpet and 2 or 3 windows for Honeybee.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
A large room where I can dedicate to my aquariums. A large reef tank with smaller breeder tanks to breed and raise clownfish

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a room (living room) that comes close to my perfect room, lots of books with my chair, the couch, the fireplace and the room many of the cats and dogs just want to hang out in. It also has no TV, but it does have a radio.
If I could make it any better, I'd add more books, add more cats, add more dogs, and somehow be able to make time stop or slow down so the 30 minutes I enjoy in this room can be extended to 48 hours if I want.
Then, there's the shop, which is perfect for me unless I give myself minor injuries, which is kind of a daily thing anymore. :(;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A yoga room. It would have to have a sprung wooden floor, like dance studios have, big windows all the way around so I can look out and enjoy the beautiful nature and be temperature controlled so it never gets too hot or too cold.

It wouldn't need much furniture. Just yoga mats, blocks and straps and maybe a PC so I can find the yoga channels I like on YouTube.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my perfect room at my old house. It was a screened-in porch. It was elevated so the cats could look down. There were cat trees and shelves. A beautiful view of my flower garden and then nothing but forest. We spent many happy hours on that porch.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, don’t snicker, but I live in Minnesota and all our different seasons and temperatures require a lot of coats, jackets and boots. And half the year it is horribly messy when people come in from outdoors. So I would love to have a great big mud room. Large enough to have a big closet and pegs for coats and a place to sit down to put on and take off boots, and a place to put all those boots. And maybe a built in vac to get rid of the sand and road salt we carry in all winter and spring. And most definitely easily washable floors.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
[
I had my perfect room at my old house. It was a screened-in porch. It was elevated so the cats could look down. There were cat trees and shelves. A beautiful view of my flower garden and then nothing but forest. We spent many happy hours on that porch.
Yeah, me too. I left a window partially open all summer so cats could come and go and had bird netting over the screens so they could climb up or around the room. Hated the house but loved that porch.