question of the day Friday december 16th

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Video games on my Nintendo Switch. I'm playing Animal Crossings New Horizons and Hokko Life. It's kind of like an Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon hybrid. It's pretty fun.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and brother-in-law have probably 500+ board games (I'm not even exaggerating), so they've introduced me to a lot of games that I've enjoyed over the years. A few in particular are Concept, The Pitch, Cat Lady, and Therapy. I don't play a lot of video games, but the ones I enjoyed as a teen (that I also own now) are Crash Bandicoot, Tetris Plus, Frogger, and Mario Party (I played this a lot with friends in college). I also love logic puzzles and crossword puzzles, so I do those a lot and go on Sporcle to play various trivia games (especially geography ones).

Oh I also forgot I love JackBox games and usually play them with family at get togethers.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like video games, generally JRPGs. American ones often turn me off because most of the characters have dirty faces and I like pretty games. I also enjoy card games. One called Flux is rather fun.

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love video games but I'm not that good at them, just recently played "Stray", where you're a cat trying to find it's way home, it's got excellent graphics and very realistic cat movements but I'm lost, so it's back to playing Boggle and Lego Star Wars. I also loved Grand Theft Auto 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 because you could skip levels that were too hard, I tried not to use it but after 20 or so attempts it becomes too tempting.

I like board games too, mostly play scrabble these days to keep the brain working.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cards if I had to choose. I'm not a game person. I'm too competitive, and I hate losing! I can't watch movies either, it just takes too long! In this day and age it's great I can fast forward through the commercials and the boring parts.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it would be considered a game or not, but I like crossword puzzles. I get those books that contain 200 of the Sunday New York Times puzzles, and my challenge to myself is solving them without using outside reference help.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Solitaire, Spider solitaire, and Hearts on the computer. I'm old school with video games and play the stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I have a very old DSi that has Sonic Classics on it and I love those games! My emulator has a lot of the classic Mario games (currently on a Dr. Mario kick that just won't quit), along with some really amazing SMB3 hacks. Mario Adventure is my all time favorite.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not many now plus its not to easy to find mouse control only games that are worth playing that dont use keyboard commands at the same time and i even have a 10 button gaming mouse that has key binding

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Botticelli, Facts‘ ‘n Fives, Jigsaws, Acrostics, London Times crosswords, Chess, Skittles, Mysterium, My Word!, Go, Consulting Detective, Guillotine, Masterpiece, Hounds and Hares, “Burn a Penny,” Treasure Hunts, Pachinko, Escape rooms, Sardines.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like board games, card games and some phone/tablet type games, puzzles and word games. I don't play like Nintendo type games often but sometimes it's fun. I've gotten nauseous from the animation on some so those are hard to enjoy. I enjoyed the Sims games years ago.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I like board games, card games and some phone/tablet type games, puzzles and word games. I don't play like Nintendo type games often but sometimes it's fun. I've gotten nauseous from the animation on some so those are hard to enjoy. I enjoyed the Sims games years ago.
I can't play any of the 3-D games, I get nauseated too (or, a headache!) Give me the 2D side scrolling 8 bit games any time. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not much for video games, although...I loved a few of the old arcade games. Never cared for Pac Man, but loved Frogger, Q-Bert, and a game called Bubbles. I played D&D, and the White Wolf games, including some live-action White Wolf stuff. I enjoy Sudoku, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and own a Catopoly game that I've never had anyon boe to play it with. I also like to color by number on my phone, which I suppose isn't really a game, just something to pass the time.

The boys had an X Box and a Playstation growing up (EARLY versions), and I do remember something called Echo the Dolphin that was relaxing and fun. And I would LOVE to play "Stray."

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much for video games, although...I loved a few of the old arcade games. Never cared for Pac Man, but loved Frogger, Q-Bert, and a game called Bubbles. I played D&D, and the White Wolf games, including some live-action White Wolf stuff. I enjoy Sudoku, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and own a Catopoly game that I've never had anyon boe to play it with. I also like to color by number on my phone, which I suppose isn't really a game, just something to pass the time.

The boys had an X Box and a Playstation growing up (EARLY versions), and I do remember something called Echo the Dolphin that was relaxing and fun. And I would LOVE to play "Stray."
Was it Bubble Bobble for the NES? I had that game and played it incessantly in the 80's

Look familiar?

They released a version for the Switch that has the original game as well as an updated version. I had to get it. It's still as much fun as it was back then.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Oh I LOVED Echo the dolphin! I never ever made it past the first level because all I did was sit for hours and have that dolphin swim and jump out of the water. :lol:
I rarely play them alone, but Mom and I will get going with Yahtzee and Scattegories and start making up our own rules as we go along. Not good for a serious game, but GREAT if your goal is to get slap happy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy a lot of kinds of games. I play word/number/puzzle games the most, like Wordle and soduku and logic problems. I enjoy a lot of board games and also video games once in a while, either on my PC or a handheld device like my DS.

3D games and first person tends to make me dizzy, so add me to the group that prefers flat 2D games overall.