Question of the Day, Friday, December 12

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to do everyones.  I would take 2 or 3 days but I realized that only my oldest needs it and do his when he gets stuck in blanket.  I have some taller cat trees so think that does help.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only trim the nails of the cats who like to sit in my lap and knead :lol3:.

I like small cat nail clippers best, not large plastic handles, just very minimalist. If I don't have those I like human clippers over the larger pet nail clippers. Hate those.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I trim Ghost's nails because he catches them on everything. Earlier this year he got caught on the mattress and ripped one out. Ever since then I try to keep his freaky long claws short. He's old and doesn't really care when I trim them, my husband kind of holds him while I do the trimming.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I trim Ghost's nails because he catches them on everything. Earlier this year he got caught on the mattress and ripped one out. Ever since then I try to keep his freaky long claws short. He's old and doesn't really care when I trim them, my husband kind of holds him while I do the trimming.
Yes, I think once you've had a cat pull a claw out you want to keep them short....  
   I had one do it on New Years Eve here in the UK when everyone is closed and just managed to get her to the vet in time to bandage her poor little paw up.    She was bolting out of my sitting room to get away from the vacuum and it was carpeted at the time - left a claw in the carpet on her way out the door.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only occasionally. He's great at letting me squeeze and play with his paws, but the moment the scissors comes out he thinks it's a toy. He doesn't "sleep" with me around either -- he wakes up straight into the playful "what is that? are you doing something fun? can I watch? pleasepleaseplease?" mode, so I can't clip while he's asleep. 

He's good at keeping his back claws trimmed by his own -- no idea how he accomplishes that, but he's a good scratcher. Uses the three posts I have around the house a lot. If he needs a trim, I just trim a couple of claws at a time, the ones that happen to be sticking out.