Question of the Day, Friday, December 10

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Rick asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. And really, I couldn't think of anything much. He was shocked because, usually, I have a pretty good idea of something I'd really like. The only thing I could think of was a new cover for my iPad. The cats are fine, we are fine, things are fine. We're happy. I don't need much at all. I'm just giving Rick a gift card to Cabela's so he can grab some new fishing stuff.

Is there anything you'd like to have for Christmas? Anything on your wish list?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:more alot more tarantulas haha but i am ok just keeping my allowed limit.getting new ones as needed:rolleyes:i understand living in a single bedroom apartment with a gf and cat theres just not enough room soon as we get into a place where i could have a dedicated bug room with wall to wall shelves would be nice haha

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wish list this year...I'm not one for extravagant gifts. I'm a practical person and usually my Christmas list is just things I need replacements for or little things I just wouldn't buy...but would make life just a bit easier. Sometimes the gifts are for fun but still not extravagant.

Slippers
Puzzles
Cat calendar
Icing spatula
Cooking spatulas (flippers)
Baking spatulas (wooden handle/rubber head)
(I need a bunch of replacement spatulas...I'm not just a weirdo with an obsession)
Egg slicer (wanting and egg slicer might make me a weirdo though... :lol: )
Hand mixer with the wider flat beaters not the thin wire beaters

I also asked my mom If she could make me a few more silk hair wraps/head bands

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Rick asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. And really, I couldn't think of anything much. He was shocked because, usually, I have a pretty good idea of something I'd really like. The only thing I could think of was a new cover for my iPad. The cats are fine, we are fine, things are fine. We're happy. I don't need much at all. I'm just giving Rick a gift card to Cabela's so he can grab some new fishing stuff.

Is there anything you'd like to have for Christmas? Anything on your wish list?
My hubby and I had the same conversation. Everything is fine. Our old Cuisinart just died. He wanted a good programmable coffee maker and I wanted an espresso machine so we bought this fancy gadget and decided that's enough of a gift for both of us.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 7.10.06 AM.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He wanted a good programmable coffee maker and I wanted an espresso machine so we bought this fancy gadget and decided that's enough of a gift for both of us.
I'm coming to your house for coffee, espresso and lattes! :thumbsup:

Offhand I can't really think of anything other than a plane ticket to visit one of our daughters, I really miss her. 😢

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I asked DH for a new Scentsy warmer. I wanted an everyday one that lets light through the whole thing; not with holes. I won a warmer in an online giveaway years ago and it's pretty; but it has holes all around to let the light out. DH and I have both walked into the kitchen and had light right in our eyeballs. :lol2: I finally decided on one and ordered it earlier this week. I'm eagerly waiting for the shipping notice. :lol:
glisten.jpg

I also wanted an Espresso machine; which I did order when I found one on sale a few weeks ago with good reviews. Most were more than I was willing to spend. Or they had bad reviews. I see it's gone back up in price a few dollars here.

I'd also like to try that Diamond Art Painting. It looks about as relaxing as doing a jigsaw and there are so many pretty looking ones out there. I went to a Christmas Market last month and there was a vendor for them. I haven't ordered one yet. A friend does them so I asked where he gets them first. We'll see if I get around to getting one.

I normally get a little money from my Dad and Aunt for Christmas so this time of year I feel more free to buy some things for myself. Wants instead of needs. But some needs too. I also keep a list on Amazon for things I like. Right now it has stuff like a Ravioli Spoon Rest, Cat Butt Magnets, Battery Operated candles and Pusheen stuff. :lol: I don't know if DH ever thinks to look there.

I have a set of that magnetic fridge poetry for cat lovers on there. I may go ahead and get it at some point because it would be fun (and secretly educational) to do with my kids. :evilgrin::lol2:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The things that I would most like aren't sold in any stores; they are those things that time has stolen from me. Besides, at my stage of life I'm getting rid of stuff instead of acquiring more stuff. I have Michele, and I have the cats, and I have a roof over my head. What more do I really need?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really need much anymore, either, except a tea kettle. I haven't had a tea kettle in years, since I got a microwave. But tea is better if you can pour the hot water over it, and I like some of those instant soups, which don't do well in the microwave. I think I'll order a pretty one from Amazon soon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really need much anymore, either, except a tea kettle. I haven't had a tea kettle in years, since I got a microwave. But tea is better if you can pour the hot water over it, and I like some of those instant soups, which don't do well in the microwave. I think I'll order a pretty one from Amazon soon.
I love having a kettle!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've thought and thought...there really isn't anything I can think of.We kind of just get what we need/want as we can throughout the year,so when it comes to Christmas and birthdays,it's really tough.I am one who'd rather give than to receive anyway.