Question Of The Day, Friday, Dec 1

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I stopped eating traditional breakfast foods. I've never really liked them as everyday foods anyway.

For breakfast today, I made a couple of cheeseburgers with onions, mustard, ketchup and lettuce. Also coffee.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time I had coffee some 35 years ago, tea for some 20 years ago, I might be rare in that too.

Used not to eat breakfast, but learning nutrition science has made me one of those health people who swore to name of breakfast, but then again loosing so much weight (it is well over 100 pounds from few years ago) has made my fat reserves not being able to keep me going very long after waking up, need to fuel up.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee. With milk and sugar. I don't like to eat right when I get up. I had an apple around 9:30 when my students were eating snack. On weekends it's usually fruit and Greek yogurt.

And I make my coffee in a coffee press, if that makes any difference. Medium roast. Whatever fair trade/rainforest alliance brand is on sale at the grocery store.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I had this morning was a vanilla Ensure. I don't like to have to wash dishes before going to work, so I usually save more substantial breakfasts for the weekend.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a cup of yogurt for breakfast. Sometimes I add in some granola.. lately, it has just been plain vanilla yogurt and water.. I have cut back on coffee also.. Somedays, I really miss it, or really need it~~ like today.

I am a Starbucks person. You have to acquire a taste for it. I needed one this afternoon.

Trader Joes has some pretty good coffee.. I tried their Winter Blend, yesterday. It was really good. Had some spices in it, and smooth. I use a Keurig machine, so buying a can of coffee would go bad, before I used it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Big mug of very strong coffee to get me started then toasted raisin bread and peppermint tea about an hour after that.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Friday! :wave3: And Happy December 1! Gosh, I can't believe we're at December already. This year has flown by.

Easy question this morning: What did you have (or will you have) for breakfast this morning?

One of my co-workers brought donuts in yesterday. I didn't have time to sample any yesterday, so I'd thought I'd try one this morning. It was so stale, I threw it away. So I'm back to what I was going to have for breakfast: 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 3/4 cup of nonfat milk. With a sliced Granny.

What's your breakfast this morning.
What is a Granny?

I had a fried egg sandwich with mayo, and half a banana nut muffin, cup of coffee brewed with cinnamon.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I had oatmeal with cranberry sauce and walnuts. I usually add half and half but it was moldy so I used a mix of heavy cream and milk and also butter.

Butter in oatmeal changed my life.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am a Starbucks person. You have to acquire a taste for it. I needed one this afternoon.
I knew I liked you. ;) I'm a Starbucks gal too. Their coffee drinks are strong which is why I like them. But for anyone who doesn't like their coffee I would recommend an Americano instead, it doesn't taste as bitter.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I stopped eating traditional breakfast foods. I've never really liked them as everyday foods anyway.

For breakfast today, I made a couple of cheeseburgers with onions, mustard, ketchup and lettuce. Also coffee.
My dad eats dinner leftovers for breakfast. Mac & cheese, spaghetti, sausage and rice, etc. If he tells people what he eats for breakfast you would think he said he eats puppies or something. It's amazing how attached Americans are to the idea of breakfast foods even though it's entirely cultural and due to advertising.

Today I had a banana bread breakfast bar, a cheese stick, and a packet of beef jerky. Sometimes I have some pistachios too. I usually have an apple but I didn't have any cut up and bagged, ready to go. I can't eat right away after waking up so it needs to be something I can take to work. I made coffee later in the morning, I don't need it until I start dragging around 10:30 or 11 am.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I had milk. Then a banana.
All three of those would kill me. I'm lactose intolerant, very, very allergic to bananas and bread tends to give me heart attack type chest pains.
I have to be very careful what I eat.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this morning, just like yesterday morning, i'll have a sliced tomato and mayo sandwich and 3 vanilla sandwich cookies. :yummy:

several days ago i discovered another way i like my cream of wheat -- with mashed ripe banana and granulated peanuts! just a little sugar added, to make it perfect for me. i simply adore cream of wheat......:cloud9:

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made a beef and vegetable stirfry and ate it with flatbread.
I typically do ramen or leftovers but I really needed to use the steak in the fridge.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a bowl of Cheerios with sliced banana over the top. I always use almond milk, unsweetened vanilla over my cereal.