Question Of The Day, Friday, Dec 1

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Friday! :wave3: And Happy December 1! Gosh, I can't believe we're at December already. This year has flown by.

Easy question this morning: What did you have (or will you have) for breakfast this morning?

One of my co-workers brought donuts in yesterday. I didn't have time to sample any yesterday, so I'd thought I'd try one this morning. It was so stale, I threw it away. So I'm back to what I was going to have for breakfast: 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 3/4 cup of nonfat milk. With a sliced Granny.

What's your breakfast this morning.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Friday! :wave3: And Happy December 1! Gosh, I can't believe we're at December already. This year has flown by.

Easy question this morning: What did you have (or will you have) for breakfast this morning?

One of my co-workers brought donuts in yesterday. I didn't have time to sample any yesterday, so I'd thought I'd try one this morning. It was so stale, I threw it away. So I'm back to what I was going to have for breakfast: 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 3/4 cup of nonfat milk. With a sliced Granny.

What's your breakfast this morning.
I wish I could have eaten with you. I love oatmeat, especially with apple. I like to put raisins in it too. And, yes, I am an old fashioned oatmeal person too. Don't give me the stuff in the envelope to heat in the microwave. I have a couple pieces of my gluten free bread toasted with some butter and some homemade fig preserves. I drank a glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk from Aldis.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A thick slice of rye bread with pimiento cheese and a big mug of coffee.
That sounds so good.

Speaking of coffee, I don't drink much coffee. I was in Safeway, Starbucks yesterday, and after my doctor's appointment got a small plain small coffee. It was awful. I think the last time I got a good cup of coffee was last year and I got a cup of coffee at my Toyota Dealer while I was waiting for my car to be serviced. Does anybody make good coffee anymore? I think Starbucks coffee is nasty. Even the coffee my sister makes is awful.

Anyway, I'm having a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, cottage cheese and diet coke for breakfast.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
You are all making me hungry! :yummy:

I'm going to have a strawberry protein smoothie with a piece of multi-grain toast.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a piece of my homemade banana bread and a pot of coffee. Speaking of good coffee, I think the difference is most are way too strong. Make your own, two scoops to a pot of water, much better! I have Starbucks and think I can stand a spoon up in it! You also have to make it in a coffee maker that is used all the time. It always tastes funny when you only make it once in a while. A pinch of salt on top the grounds gets rid of any bitterness too.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pasta and 10% ground beef with orange soda.

These are accurate weighted ingredients of my breakfast:
200 grams of pasta
200 grams of meat
12 grams of Paprika (ground)
2 grams of garlic (ground)
2 grams of onion (ground)
2 grams of sea salt for meat
5 grams of sea salt for boiling water of pasta
4 grams of olive oil for frying that meat
104 grams of Heinz ketchup for Pasta
54 grams of Heinz ketchup for meat (put there when frying before other seasonings)
411 grams of orange soda/lemonade, thing with bubbles.

Sugar overload, but then again it was exercise day, I burned over 2000 calories by exercise alone today, over 4000 calories energy wasted today, so I need fast fuel bit more than many others.

Actually had 2nd of the same kind for after exercise food and I should now go for a run and then eat lightly for the night recovery after that.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a scooped out everything bagel with cream cheese.
Note: This has become a "treat" breakfast. I've been working with a nutritionist for a couple of months and refined white carbs are now limited in my food plan. I never thought I'd become that person who pulls out all that soft yummy dough from their bagel but yet, here I am LOL (and also, about 20 pounds off my highest weight so obviously it's working)
edit: and an iced coffee, 1% milk also. God forbid there's no coffee involved LOL

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had some leftover banana bread, and a bowl of cereal (with cat fur added for taste). :cringe:
Just kidding. But the way the kittens keep investigating my doings and snooping when I eat, I have to be extra careful.
:flail:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee is all I ever have for breakfast. I usually don't start getting hungry until dinner, and even then I'm not very hungry.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Potato chips and a Coke. :paperbag:

I frequently wake up feeling pretty headachy and nauseated from chronic neck and back problems, and caffeinated soft drinks and salty foods seem to help. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a piece of my homemade banana bread and a pot of coffee. Speaking of good coffee, I think the difference is most are way too strong. Make your own, two scoops to a pot of water, much better! I have Starbucks and think I can stand a spoon up in it! You also have to make it in a coffee maker that is used all the time. It always tastes funny when you only make it once in a while. A pinch of salt on top the grounds gets rid of any bitterness too.
I don't like coffee enough to make it myself. The coffee maker would never get used much. I drink diet coke instead.
You were right about coffee being too strong. A cup of Starbucks coffee will put hair on your chest.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On weekday morning I mix up a meal replacement shake called 18Shake along with my GNC multivitamin. I figure no matter how bad I am food wise the rest of the day at least I got a good start.

Starbucks coffee is pretty bad but I do like their espresso drinks. I used to spend a lot of money there for lattes. I make my own now with a Nespresso machine.