Question Of The Day, Friday, August 4

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April 14th. Just like my sister and brother. I'm not a triplet. But I am a twin. My sister and I were born on my brother's birthday.
That's mad !!! At least your parents only had to remember 1 day a year

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :banana1: I'm really happy today because Rick and I are taking the day off work to spend together. :woohoo:

Easy question this morning: When is your birthday (you don't have to tell your year, just month and day)?

My birthday is January 24.
We're practically twins! January 21st here. :wave3:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
July 4. The only day worse is December 25. It's like not even having a birthday because no one is paying attention.
It must really stink to share a birthday with a big holiday like Chirstmas or Independence Day :alright: My birthday is in September right as the school year is starting (elementry right through college) so no one ever remembered it because friends were all too busy with new classes and friends and activities. Even now years post-college no one remembers (or maybe they just don't care?). And forget family :headshake:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must really stink to share a birthday with a big holiday like Chirstmas or Independence Day :alright: My birthday is in September right as the school year is starting (elementry right through college) so no one ever remembered it because friends were all too busy with new classes and friends and activities. Even now years post-college no one remembers (or maybe they just don't care?). And forget family :headshake:
The only good thing that's come out of my July 4 birthday was that I discovered my husband's infidelity because of it. I found a "love with all my heart" birthday card on his dresser that was unsigned expressing disappointment because the two lovers couldn't be together on the other's birthday. Since my birthday was Independence Day, we were never separated on my birthday, so I knew he hadn't bought it for me. I checked the calendar, and his previous birthday had fallen on a Sunday, when the two of them really were separated.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The odds would be 1 in 365.25.

Wouldn't that be the odds of one being born on another's birthday? I would think the odds of having a pair of twins being born on another siblings birthday would be the odds of having twins, 67 to one, times 365.25. That would be one in 24,471. But what do I know. I loved some math courses, but I did not like statistics! :p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't that be the odds of one being born on another's birthday? I would think the odds of having a pair of twins being born on another siblings birthday would be the odds of having twins, 67 to one, times 365.25. That would be one in 24,471. But what do I know. I loved some math courses, but I did not like statistics! :p
"My sister and I were born on my brother's birthday."

"I wonder what the odds are on that happening."

Without addressing the probabilities that one twin might be born at 11:59PM and the other at 12:01AM, the event is a birth ("my sister and I were born..."). Unless the cause of the birth being twins rather than a single child can be proven to have been caused by that birth occurring on a particular day (e.g. the Mother would not have had twins had she given birth on a different day), the odds are 1 in 365.25.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My birthday is January 9Th. My sister's is January 1st and her first child was born on January 19th!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond that is amazing! My brother and I were born a day apart - that is, 8 years and one day. I was told he would be my birthday present, but he arrived late! I should have known right then he would be Trouble ha haaa.

@Butterscotch a belated Happy Birthday to you!

@verna davies @neely @betsygee many thanks for the good wishes!

Mother Dragon Mother Dragon that is hilarious! Glad you make the most of those 19 days!
kashmir64 kashmir64 a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son! He has a great day for his birthday, lol.

muffy muffy that's cute, I never realized that about March 4th!

DreamerRose DreamerRose I am so sorry. What a thing to have to remember on your birthday annually.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Butterscotch - a belated :bday: to you! I hope you had a great day!

daisyd daisyd - You were born on my husband's and my wedding anniversary!

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond - I think that is just awesome that you were all born on the same day! Your mother must have had her hands full trying to celebrate all the birthdays on one day!

@ Freedom - a belated :bday: to you, too!

DreamerRose DreamerRose - Many :hugs: for you.

Kat0121 Kat0121 - Your birthday is always easy for me to remember! :)