Question of the day Friday August 25th (Early!)

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very addicted to Tootsie Rolls especially the snack size I find out at Halloween.

1661580860976.png

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Candy corn. How they fit 25,000 grams of sugar into each one I'll never know.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peanut butter kisses. These ones:

View attachment 430297
I'm addicted to them. Back when I got out to shop, I'd buy 10 bags of them at the beginning of October, and stash them in the freezer, taking out one bag a month...the going without for a couple of months, so I REALLY wanted them again, come October!
Me too. They have been my favorite ever since I was a kid. They are kind of hard to find anymore. The stores I used to go to had a section for old fashion candy and they would sell the Kisses all year round. I didn't know you could freeze them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't do Halloween, but there is an American sweet I was addicted to and they discontinued it!!!
View attachment 430197
RIP, Milk Duds. :bawling:

I have to make do with Fantales now. Also good jelly beans.

Milk Duds are still around. MILK DUDS Chewy Caramels in Chocolate | Classic Hershey Candy

I like them too. Especially in buttered popcorn. Yum.

I don't buy Halloween candy any more. We don't have that many kids come around so it's not really worth it. Candy is just candy to me. I love really high quality dark chocolate. I also love Haribo gummy bears.

When DH was still here, we made a big deal out of Halloween. When DD was little, I'd take her around to trick or treat. DH would stay home and hand candy out. He had a system that was NEVER messed with. There were "tiers" of candy. Tier one candies were things he kind of liked but was OK with giving out. Those were always given out first. Tier two candies were things he liked better but were still OK to be handed out if all tier one candies were gone. Tier three candies were NEVER given out. If all the others were gone, that's when the porch light went out and he closed up shop. Tier three were his favorites. One year when DD and I were walking around the neighborhood, we decided to stop at our house and see what he'd give her. She got tier one candy. No special treatment. :lol: