Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! 
 And Happy Friday! 
 Another work week almost done.

Pick one: Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding or Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

I'm having Sunday dinner with Rick's sister and BIL. He's the main cook in the family and his menu will be baked steak with 'shrooms (I dearly love 'shrooms). I am to bring dessert. I asked him which they preferred and their thought is the bread pudding. What do you think?

Rick is normally not a big fan of bread pudding, but he loves mine because it has a silky custard beneath the layers of bread. And the top of the pudding is all crunchy with the sugar/cinnamon topping. So you have a bit of crunch with the custard. He told me to do the bread pudding, too. 

(Actually he told me to make both, take the bread pudding up for Sunday dinner, and put the peanut butter pie in the freezer for when he comes home! That's my Dear Richard.)

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love peanut butter so my vote would be for the Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

Happy Friday! 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bread pudding if it's done right which I am sure yours is.  I am not a huge fan of frozen pies.  I did like the peanut butter pies that were popular some years back. the ones that had peanut butter melted into a vanilla pudding and then the meringue.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.

I dont like bread pudding :lol3: But I love peanut butter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd prefer the Peanut Butter pie!  But my DD is allergic to peanuts; so we'd have to go with the bread pudding.  I've never been a fan of things like bread pudding, tapioca or rice pudding.  I have this vauge memory of my Grandmother bringing me some rice pudding when I was sick (home made) and me thinking the raisins looked like ants.  Kids are weird. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH WOW........... HARD DECISION

I LOVE both but I would have to go with the bread pudding because well ........... just because

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I want some good old fashioned bread pudding like my mom use to make.

You need to post the recipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is easy. Frozen Peanut Butter Pie. Add some pb cups and chocolate. ;)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bread pudding. I haven't made one in a long time. I make them with homemade biscuit crumbs. I make a lemon sauce to go on top. But yours sounds wonderful. My grandmother made different flavors of bread putting, chocolate, coconut, plain, with raisins and pecans. The just used what she had in the kitchen and it always tasted wonderful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Your pudding sounds delicious! I have made chocolate bread pudding and wasn't too impressed with mine. I've also made an apple bread pudding, but Rick didn't care for it.

My bread pudding was a big hit last night and I kept the rest of it with Rick's sister and BIL. They just loved it; they said, too, that there's something about that custardy bottom that's goes well with the bread. And the whole dinner was so good. My BIL is a wonderful, wonderful cook. He would be a great chef.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your pudding sounds delicious! I have made chocolate bread pudding and wasn't too impressed with mine. I've also made an apple bread pudding, but Rick didn't care for it.

My bread pudding was a big hit last night and I kept the rest of it with Rick's sister and BIL. They just loved it; they said, too, that there's something about that custardy bottom that's goes well with the bread. And the whole dinner was so good. My BIL is a wonderful, wonderful cook. He would be a great chef.
It has been a long time since I made my bread pudding as I eat gluten free now. But this thread has caused me to remember that I have a big container of gluten free bread pieces saved in my freezer. Gluten free bread is more crumbly than regular bread and thus it comes with crumbs. I save everything so this pudding might be an option for me with these bread crumbs. It might not taste like when I make it with biscuits, but it would be good to try with the lemon sauce. Now it is on my list of "to do."

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 I'm gluten free too. A friend of mine says they have a great gf scone recipie (I believe British scones and American biscuits are very similar). I can ask for the recipe if you're interested. Gf bread works great in bread pudding though...or so Dad says when I make it for him ;)