Question of the Day, Friday, August 12

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! 
 And Happy Friday! 
 I'm ready for the weekend.....and it's a three-day weekend because Rick and I both took vacation days on Monday to spend some time together. 

Let's talk about crackers.....just crackers.

What's your favorite cracker? When you're in the grocery store, you reach for.......what? What's your cracker?

My favorite is and will always be Cheez-its. Cheez-its just rock. I like all the kinds, but am partial to the White Cheddar, I think. But I do like Pepper Jack. Oh, and then there's Cheddar Jack, which is really good. And let's not forget Hot & Spicy. Oh! And we can't forget Four Cheese Cheez-its! Yum. I just love Cheez-its! I swear I could eat a whole box by myself.

When we have card-playing night and I make a few kinds of dips, we'll get some Triscuits or something like that. Townhouse has a good Foccacia flavor. But for just eating, it's Cheez-its.

What about you? What's your favorite cracker?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i also like cheez-it's, but only for snacking. i buy the generic brand at Aldi's.

my favorite crackers are triscuits. i really love the olive oil and rosemary, and the olive oil and cracked black pepper ones. again, i buy the generic brand at Aldi's.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on team Triscuits too. I love them. My favorite are the original ones but they do have a rye with caraway seeds that is quite good. The roasted garlic ones are yummy also. 

The best Cheez Its are the extra toasty ones. According to Sunshine, they are the #1 most requested flavor. That extra bit of baking time really enhances the flavor. 
  They need to do this with all flavors or make a box with a variety of  extra toasty flavors. I emailed them and told them that. They wrote back and said it was a good idea. We'll see. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Triscuits
I can't stand them. They taste like cardboard (only ever had the original) and the shredded texture is just

When I do buy crackers, which isn't often, I tend to buy Wheat Thins, Goldfish crackers, graham crackers, Ritz Crackers, and plain crackers for spreading goat cheese on.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheez-its are excellent. I hardly ever buy them though :(. I always forget how much I like them, lol. For dip I like some multi-grain/seed crackers that I get at Costco. I forget the brand name. Mary's Gone Crackers are great too :D. I also like the ranch flavored Almond Nut Thins, but only with goat cheese.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
those fancy wheat crackers that you use for spreads.

Cheezits are my staple during the day. And I agree with you=all the flavors are good ones!

At night ritz crackers with cream cheese spread!  I don't like the low salt ones. yuck. I don't like the flavored ones. only the straight up buttery ones. they also taste good in baked haddock..yum!

Gold fish don't have any phony sugars added so I have been eating those instead.

would be nice to get those organic fish by that local company that does macaroni n cheese in the box=I forgot the name=Ann maybe? but they are super expensive for a tiny bag of crackers

saltine soup crackers are another favorite=but only those that come in the little packs at the soup area in the store-I have tried all the other brands and they are GROSS.

wheat thins are good.

I used to love Chicken in a basket ones and cheese nips. They don't taste as good anymore=they add msg type salt to these and too salty now. and of course that partially hydrogenated oils and crap that ruined the taste of most crackers made nowadays.

Those cheese ones are still my favorite=better cheddars==I can EAT The whole box! Did I tell you I love crackers?? Its what I lived on as a kid.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
If we are on the cheese cracker stuff; my personal favorite are Trader Joe's Cheese Rockets!! They are like

Cheese-Its, but a bit of pepper in them ..  I like them better than Cheeze-its or Goldfish. 

If I am in the regular grocery store, I prefer Cheeze-Nips over Cheeze-Its.. just a better flavor to me..

I love Ritz crackers--the original.

The Keebler Toasted harvest wheat is good also...

Wheat thins, once in a while....

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not much of a cracker person. I usually eat them with soups saltines for veggie soup. If I take a notion to snack on them I prefer Ritz original or the bacon kind are good. All four of my kids, Larry and my mom can make meals out of them just crackers, I dont see how they do it. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For snacking, Cheez-its are DA BOMB!  Nothing beats them.  For dipping and topping, depending on the dip or top, either an old-fashioned saltine, a triscuit, or Ritz.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea.  I guess it depends on what mood I'm in.  If I want them with cheese and pepperoni; its either Townhouse multi-gran or Ritz.  For snacking; White Cheddar Cheez-its, all the fun flavors of Wheat Thins and sometimes Trisquits.    

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leaving out all the snack crackers, my favorite for spreads is Grains First crackers from Dare. They have seeds that give the cracker a nice nutty flavor. For soups, it's saltines all the way.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keebler Toasteds, I would say, in sesame flavor.  I like plain type of crackers to eat with cheese.  I usually don't snack on crackers right out of the box.  

The high humidity here this week is not a good friend of any cracker.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite has been Triscuits ever since they came out with them in l971,  In fact I'm snacking on them now.

I have not tried the Cheez It extra toasty yet but they look good.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is Good Thins, gluten free, Sea Salt and Pepper. I love them with cheese.