Question of the Day Friday August 11, 2023

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Unfortunately many of the places I loved when I went there years ago are now very different. I loved Gili Air, a tropical island off Lombok, which is next to Bali. It was virtually untouched, with tiny grass huts and the locals providing basic food, and it was magical. Now it's been completely changed by tourism. Same with Ko Samui, off Thailand.
Other places are the Amalfi Coast, Fuseta, a gorgeous little fishing village in Southern Portugal, Yangshuo, China, with it's magical boat trip down the Li River, and my home state of Tasmania.. I do love to go back there. Oh, and the Great Barrier Reef.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately many of the places I loved when I went there years ago are now very different. I loved Gili Air, a tropical island off Lombok, which is next to Bali. It was virtually untouched, with tiny grass huts and the locals providing basic food, and it was magical. Now it's been completely changed by tourism. Same with Ko Samui, off Thailand.
Other places are the Amalfi Coast, Fuseta, a gorgeous little fishing village in Southern Portugal, Yangshuo, China, with it's magical boat trip down the Li River, and my home state of Tasmania.. I do love to go back there. Oh, and the Great Barrier Reef.
I feel the same way - it's thirty years since I last visited London and Paris and I would not want to go back now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my favorite places have been Rhode Island, Door County, Wisconsin, San Francisco and Itasca State Park in Northern Minnesota.