Question of the Day, Friday, April 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Did you ever fall asleep in a weird place?

My brother and SIL had taken Rick and me to a hockey game (Hershey Bears v. who-knows-whom). I curled up in my seat, threw my coat over me, and shut my eyes for "just a few minutes". Rick woke me up when I started snoring. :paperbag: There I was, head back, mouth open, and snoring away. Nothing woke me up, not the cheers, not the organ-weenie, nothing. People were looking at me. Thank goodness that was before the age of cellphones! :paperbag:

Have you ever fallen asleep in a weird place?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to always fall asleep during school plays as a kid. They seemed so long, I could never make it to the end of one. I don't know how many hours they actually were. I also fell asleep during one of those catalog parties one time in my 20s, where they have a party and you buy stuff like Tupperware, mugs, jewelry.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fell asleep in the 2nd row of a Fred Hammond concert as a teenager. (Gospel singer.) It was at the end of a multi-day youth conference so not a lot of sleeping had been going on. My introverted self was pretty done in and someone basically clobbered my head; pulling my very long hair to grab a t-shirt they had tossed into the audience. It was in a church so we were sitting in nice chairs; not hard pews or anything. But yeah; I shut down and dozed for a bit. I wasn't the only one either. :lol:

I dozed off in the shower getting ready for work one morning. I woke up when I sort of jerked realizing I wasn't aware of what was going on around me. DH also found me out of bed; but laying my torso back across the foot of the bed and asleep. I'm just not a morning person. I mean that's a literal thing. I'd get to work at 8 but about 8:30 I'd suddenly become aware of actually being there. My body must be set for 2nd shift. :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve never been able to sleep sitting upright, but I did fall asleep on the bathroom floor once. I had the migraine from Hades, so bad, in fact, that my husband had to take me to the ER. When we got home, he had to go out for some event, but I staggered into the bathroom for a drink of water and thought, “I need to lie down. I’ll just lie here on the floor for a minute and then get up and go to bed.” Two hours later, my husband came home and found me still on the floor fast asleep. Scared the heck out of him!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The only place outside of the house I've ever fallen asleep was on an airplane. Fortunately I always get a window seat so hopefully no one noticed me. :hide:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strictly going by my mother's say-so, as a very young child I fell asleep on the seat of our Farmall Model H tractor. She said that the only reason that she found me was our old mongrel dog, Butch, was lying on the ground close by, and wherever I went, the dog went too.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Strictly going by my mother's say-so, as a very young child I fell asleep on the seat of our Farmall Model H tractor. She said that the only reason that she found me was our old mongrel dog, Butch, was lying on the ground close by, and wherever I went, the dog went too.
Just like a kitten. Play really hard and drop asleep no matter where you were. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just in the months preceding my diabetes diagnosis. I would fall asleep at the table or upright in a chair after eating. I
My mom would fall asleep at the kitchen table. She was also diabetic. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. But we'd be sitting at the table talking to her and she'd be falling asleep. We're not that boring!

Not that I can think of. I've almost fallen asleep at work when I worked, but managed not too.
I fell asleep at work early one morning, thankfully before many of the other people came in. My phone rang and it was my buddy next door. He said, "Pam? You're snoring!" Oops!

I woke up at the other end of the bed once!
My sister and I had to share a bed when we were kids. We'd get bored sleeping on the same sides all the time, so we'd switch sides. But somehow, come the next morning, we always ended up back on our own sides of the bed. We never did figure out how we managed that.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister has always been able to fall asleep just about anywhere. Once when we were kids she was sitting in the chair writing a letter and fell asleep with the pen in her hand. Mom very quietly put a pen in her other hand. When she woke up, she just kept writing. Later she said she wondered about the other pen but wasn't going to say anything. I still giggle when I think about it (I'm easily amused). We always joke she could fall asleep standing up (which she may have actually done).