Question of the Day, Friday, April 24

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father was an opthalmic optician and it took a note from school age 8 for him to know I needed glasses.
I wasn't allowed to wear them all the time until I was about 14 when I passed my mum in the street, I was on my way to meet her. Then I wore them all the time. At age 20 I got contact lenses and wore them till I was about 40 when I got soft ones. They were wonderful. I also needed reading glasses which I wore round my neck. At age 52, I remember as I was in England for for my mum's funeral. I went back to glasses. Multi focal. I have to have my cataracts removed. I should have gone back a
Year ago but I'm scared. I can't see without my glasses but I type on my phone easier without them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've worn glasses since I was about 11. I couldn't see the blackboard very well, and when they checked my eyes at school told me I needed glasses. We didn't have any money, so Lion's Club paid for my first glasses. I always give them a donation when I see then collecting now.

I have diabetes and they do recommend you go every year, but I did anyway. Insurance covers a lot of it and they do check for more than just eyesight.  Mine hadn't changed for awhile, but this last time it had gotten a bit better so I got new regular glasses (I also have computer glasses). Both of them are progressives, just configured differently.