Question of the Day, Friday, April 22

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

When you buy something, do you look for a bargain or sale on that item or do you just buy it?

If there's something I want to buy, I'll look around to see if I can find it for a good price. Check to see if it's on sale somewhere or if I can get free shipping. Or some kind of coupon key. It's rare that I just flat-out buy something and don't check around, unless I'm buying a book.

What about you?

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tend to shop around for the best price. If it's a want and not a need, I will generally wait for a birthday or holiday and ask for it as a gift. The only exception is pants. If I find pants that fit, I buy them then and there, regardless of price. I'm freakishly tall and it's hard to find my size.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm freakishly tall and it's hard to find my size.
How tall are you? I'm 5'9 and often have to get the Long or Tall size of jeans. But that's not too hard to find these days.

I don't care what brand of plant milk I have in my coffee
I'm the same way, I will drink store brand. But I do love trying all the brands and varieties to compare. Then I will probably go back to cheaper store brands.

I always look for coupon codes first. I usually order enough to get free shipping, which is usually around $50. I often buy store brands to save money. If it's something I really want, then I will pay full price. I love trying all the different brands and varieties of food and drink and since food items are usually not too awful expensive, sometimes I splurge.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Always bargain shop to some degree. If it is a household item and something I don’t need immediately, I will look for it in thrift stores. Most of the time it shows up within few months. If it’s something I need immediately or wouldn’t purchase used then I look online to find a good price and then see whether I can find it in stores or need to order it online.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I either wait for a sale or if it's something I really want that doesn't usually go on sale I will just buy it. However, if there's something on sale that I normally use often I will buy more than one rather than holding out for another sale.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on what it is. For most grocery or need type things I just get what we need. For other things I might look around at prices if I feel it's high one place. I use an app with amazon for price watches on some things. I've gotten some nice deals that way.

For Christmas and my kids I make a spreadsheet and shop around. For clothing I try to wait for a good percent off from Kohls or good sales.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the things that I buy, like lumber, hardware, or garden supplies, are pretty much the same price no matter where they are sold. If a business offers a veteran's discount, that's a point in their favor. If they are not a part of a chain, that's another point, and I shop accordingly.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very rare that I will pay full price for anything.
If its something "big" like an appliance or something that will last for some time, like a winter coat or boots. I start looking early so that when I see what I want and it goes on sale I get it. It has happened that something broke and I had to replace it right away, but I will still shop around for the best price and hope for a sale.
As for weekly stuff like groceries...I sale shop only, except for the necessities that rarely go on sale like milk. If its something that lasts or can be frozen...I buy several so I have it when I need/want it.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm shopping online I always look for a bargain. Then just to make sure I have a bargain I challenge my hubby to find it cheaper. Not so much when I'm in the shops because I hate shopping I just want to get what I need and go home. Luckily most of my shopping is online now.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the product. I've found out the hard way that there are some brands you just don't stray from.
Coffee is one of those. Nothing worse than bitter nasty coffee.
Well, there may be worse things, but when you start your day with nasty coffee....

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always try to find the best deal I can,whether it's online or out and about in town.I do get a discount at WalMart,so whatever it is that I'm looking for better be cheaper than that.Even the books that I buy,I always buy the used copies on amazon.Most of the time they come to me looking brand new.My husband jokingly states that I squeek when I walk....lol...I know...