Question of the Day, Friday, April 22

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my breakfast varies just a little, but is the same no matter what day of the week.

a glass of juice, two hard boiled eggs, and either cereal with milk or two pieces of toast -- with margarine and jam/jelly or occasionally peanut butter.

every so often i'll buy some bagels and have those instead of the toast, and every so often i'll make fried eggs instead of having hard boiled.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@jcat  : Didn't realize you could make regular oatmeal in the microwave. I'm going to try that tomorrow. 
You can also do overnight oatmeal. There are various recipies but you bascially soak regular oatmeal in some water or milk overnight and it's ready to eat the next morning.

I just do instant microwave oatmeal.

If I ever get around to making them, I'd have the famous Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins for breakfast every day
I remember apple muffins too but the blueberry ones were the most well known. A former Jordan Marsh baker recently revealed what he claims is the original blueberry muffin recipe.

Last edited:

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband brings me my coffee in my favorite Dunkin Donuts cup my daughter got me. He must want my coworkers to survive the day. Only coffee for me.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Could be anything..

This morning it was organic rice cereal.  Yesterday, avocado on rice cakes.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I usually start with a couple of mugs of coffee, then after yoga I have a fruit salad with a tofu yogurt.

I had an orange, banana and kiwi salad this morning.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always start with coffee.

A couple of hours after I am up I have either Greek yoghurt or a bowl of some kind of cold cereal.  I have the Fage side by side with plain yogurt on one side and the flip container with fruit on the other side when I can get it on sale.  If it isn't on sale then I get the Chobani fruit on the bottom.

I keep a box of frozen breakfast sandwiches with the Crossant, sausage egg, and cheese in the freezer.  I will occasionally have one of those when I am hungrier than usual instead of the cereal or  yogurt.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start with my one cup of coffee a day. A little while later, I make a smoothie. Usually a 4 berry blend, half a banana, yogurt, spinach and water.

I love going out for breakfast but we can't do it too often with the kids. They don't like to sit still.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually a low carb bagel or once in a while an english muffin. I've been trying to cut back so lately it has been half of a bagel. Always coffee.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Funny how so many of us can't begin the day without coffee.

I know, that is all I really want in the morning.

A great breakfast food that I thought of are "crumpets".  The sell them sometimes at the supermarkets and I love them toasted with butter anytime during the day!  They toast up so great!