Question of the Day,Friday, April 11

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, yeah, losing your SS card can be a problem. I've never carried mine. . .it's home in a file box with a copy of my birth certificate.
You know what, I am going to take my SS card out of the holder and put it away.  Don't know why I've carried it around all these years. 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're using our Master Card a bit more than in the past, but I pay the bill in full as soon as I get it. And the points we get on the MC get redeemed for restaurant cards - Olive Garden, Chilis, etc. Don't have a debit cardf. Pay all our bills with checks, and I don't do any on-line banking. Still afraid of that.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't remember the last time I wrote a cheque.  I use cash, debit, credit. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A debit card, a credit card and some cash. I use the debit card for most purchases. :)

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three credit cards (Visa, Discover, and American Express) and two debit cards. I never use the latter. I don't even know my PIN numbers. Too many security risks with debit. Even my credit union recommended only swiping them as credit if possible. 

All three cards earn cashback bonus points, and I  have always paid them off at the end of each month. Although, I am carrying a balance as of last month on my Visa while I figure out what's happening with my graduation/no job situation. I have the money, I just need to make sure I'm not going to need it for rent in a couple months! So my credit cards are buying me a few weeks, just in case.

I don't have store cards. I find they tempt me to buy things I don't really need! And I don't carry my checkbook. I only use for the few instances in which I need to mail a payment for something. For purchases, I don't like holding up lines, and checks don't earn cashback bonus!