Hello and Happy Weekend!!

SNOW love it, hate it, mixed feelings?

hate it
what about you?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixed feelings. It's pretty to look at. And fun to play in if you're bundled up appropriately.

But I hate driving in it. (I'd say shoveling, too, but we've invested in a snowblower, so I don't have to do that anymore).

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOVE IT MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE. WISH I COULD MOVE TO MAINE OR UPSTATE NEW YORK. YES, I AM YELLING. I WAS AFRAID NOBODY WOULD GET THE MESSAGE! I HAVE SNOW RELATED THINGS OUT IN MY HOUSE ALL YEAR LONG. THERE IS A WOODEN SNOWFLAKE ON MY WALL. THERE IS A BIG SNOWMAN IN MY CURIO THAT DH WON FOR ME PLAYING DIETY SANTA. I WISH I COULD GET A GREENHOUSE AND AN INDOOR POOL AND IT WOULD SNOW EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR! Sorry about the yelling. I am still afraid nobody understands. Has anyone ever been to Delaware? It started to snow right in the hotel parking lot. Beautiful Delaware. A paradise. What do we get here? Ice. Stupid ice that freezes on our power lines and causes car accidents because of people who think they can drive in the snow. It's not snow! It's ice! Hey, this was a great QOD. I've already thought of mine for tomorrow but it doesn't compare. Bummer. :disappointed: Oh, and I am not knocking people who don't like snow or start an IMO. There are people who love to live on a beach with palm trees. My beach can have palm trees, as long as they can tolerate the frigid temperature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
we hear 'ya!!!!! :flail: :hugs:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's vile, horrible and awful. I have never liked it even as a kid. I hated snow days. Yeah we got off school BUT all that really meant was hours of shoveling the driveway from hades. Northerners can keep that... stuff. I spent way too many years dealing with it and never want to again.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mixed feelings now that I'm older. When I was young, I loved it. Now, everything is beautiful coated in snow but hate having to clean up after it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you're a kid,it's great.Lotsa fun,days off school,and all that.I lived for a few years as a youngster east of Buffalo,NY in a little berg called Tully.Beautiful farm country but oh those lake effect snows!I now know why houses had a door above the front porch!Now at my age I am not a fan of snow at all.Nope!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixed feelings for sure - As others said already, it can be really beautiful to look at. I do enjoy hiking even in the winter and when you catch a nice day it can be quite lovely. And no bugs, insects or weeds is a bonus. While not personally into them lots of people enjoy plenty of winter related sports and activities which is pretty cool.

But it can get old or even stressful real fast, with all the winter accessories you need to wear and lug around, driving in bad weather, snowstorms or ice storms cancelling things, having to take extra time warming up your car and scraping the snow off etc

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind snow but I hate driving in it especially if there's black ice underneath. I've had several close calls and one spin out. Our last dog loved it too which made me enjoy taking him out for long walks or playing in the yard.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mixed feelings. It's pretty to look at. And fun to play in if you're bundled up appropriately.

But I hate driving in it. (I'd say shoveling, too, but we've invested in a snowblower, so I don't have to do that anymore).
Same here. I love the look of it, but when the storm clears, and the sun comes out, not only is it blinding but it really shows just how much work I have to do in order to dig myself out.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love it in most cases. Last year though we got hit with a ton of snow in April and I was so over it by then, especially since I got my car stuck in my driveway because I refused to plow again.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I live, snow is usually gone in a day or two. Since I'm retired and I don't have to go anywhere, I just enjoy how beautiful it is.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In general I hate it. But not quite enough to move to Florida and deal with their summer humidity, bugs and lizards.

Its pretty. I don’t mind staying home; but I want the OPTION to leave. I don’t drive in it if at all possible. I like how bright it is at night. I like how busy my bird feeders get. But DH has to work in it. He doesn’t mind driving but the cold is yuck. Sledding is fun! But its too flat here. So no point! Its just not worth the disruption.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind it. Since I don't have to drive in it, I can just wait a couple of hours until it melts (Arizona sun is intense). No bugs and untouched snow is almost mystical.
If I lived somewhere that I had to shovel, I would probably hate it. But why shovel? Who's going to care...the wolves, bear, cougar?
Plus, I can clean my boots in the snow and not track mud into the house.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mixed I like it as long as I don't have to drive on roads that haven't been cleared and it doesn't get bitter cold.