Question of the Day - February 20th!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I save quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies. I use my loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins). I rarely ever pay for anything in cash though, I use debit or credit cards most of the time so it doesn't get added to very often anymore.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in a jar, in a kitty. I found a really ugly china kitty-cat on a flea market for 5DKK (about 10 cents) so he's sitting on a shelf with my loose change in it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. If I'm getting overloaded with loonies and toonies and quarters, I'll off-load them into the ashtray in the car, for parking metres. Otherwise, I try to use exact change, or close to it, for small purchases.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We save it in a small jar, but then when the jar gets full we take it to one of the coinstar machines at the store and trade it in, then use it for groceries!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally don't I keep most of my change either in my jacket pocket or pants pocket...I try to use it for smaller purchases...Here in Canada with $1 and $2 coins it can really add up after a couple of days..

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I save them until I have enough to roll and cash at the bank. =)

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep the 25¢, 10¢ and 5¢ for the coffee machine at work but I put the 1¢ in a jar

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a couple of big plastic one that look like whiskey bottles, and rum

lol i got about 700 dollars out of the one last year.