Question of the Day - December 9th

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to lean more towards salty, although, I do like sweet and sometimes I like to eat something sweet then something salty.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet. I actually do not like salty foods, which is a real pain because I'm supposed to eat a lot of salt.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Sweet. I actually do not like salty foods, which is a real pain because I'm supposed to eat a lot of salt.
A tip for you, then. Eat lots of celery. It has a fairly high sodium content, even though it does not taste salty. I found that out years ago when my grandmother had to cut out salt, and was dismayed to discover that that meant she could not have celery, which she loved.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Actually it's not that high compared to a lot of processed foods. I believe half a cup raw is around 50mgs? I should be eating around 5-6grams a day ... I can't do it though and am lucky if I manage 4grams.
Celery is fairly high in potassium, though.
I have problems buying it because DH simply cannot tolerate the stuff. He usually gets to push the cart when we shop together and will whine the whole time about the smell of it in the cart.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all depends on my mood. Some days I can eat a box of Russell Stover chocolates in 1 sitting and other day its a big bag of Cheese Doodles