Question of the Day - December 4th - Friday

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Landing at the front door, from which stairs go down to the basement and up to the main floor. Fawn's jungle jim.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Stairs to the 2nd story
- Stairs to the rec room

That's it for FULL flights of stairs...

- steps from house into garage
- steps out on the deck

Yah, I'm gonna regret it later in life.... Thankfully my back injury is my upper back, not low back...so I have no probs most days with stairs.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Yah, I'm gonna regret it later in life.... Thankfully my back injury is my upper back, not low back...so I have no probs most days with stairs.
I have lower back and neck issues. On a day like today I cannot turn my head or look down. When you don't have the full range of motion anywhere in your spine it can be a bad for stairs (affects balance) so be careful.

I do have two steps from both the front and back doors - I usually don't count those steps as stairs. The front door also has a ramp. Earlier I went out to get the mail (box on the side of the house) and because I couldn't look down I nearly fell down the porch steps.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're in a single story ranch home, but the house is set in a hill, so you enter the front at street level, and there's a spiral staircase to the basement in which you can walk out to the back yard. There's a deck out back on the main level with a half flight of stairs leading to the yard on one end, and another full spiral staircase leading down to the basement level. For a ranch home, we have a lot of stairs, but the good news is that laundry is on the main level so I don't have to go down them on laundry day (bad knees here).

I know, spiral stairs are so 70's.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a two story home and live in an area with basements, so we have two flights of stairs. One to the second story and one to the basement.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Single story tiny duplex at the moment. When I graduate and save up enough for my own place again....I'll want a single story as well. (I HATE stairs!!!)

Jack has stairs at the condo he rents with his roommate, and I've lost count the number of times I've tripped on them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We live in a split level house, so as you come in the front door, you can either go up the stairs and into the living room or down the stairs to the basement. About seven steps in either direction. It's not too bad unless the knees or hips start acting up! The cats don't seem to mind steps and they're all geriatic kitties.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 2 steps to the front porch, and then another step to get into the front door (don't know if that counts or not) then the house is one story but with a full (unfinished for now) basement that does have stairs going down but I try to avoid going down there at all costs!.

Now, my parents' house was a different story. It had a full basement (for storage and dad's work area) with a staircase that was VERY steep and rickity, 16 steps leading from the first floor to the second floor, then another staircase (3 steps, landing and turn, 10 steps, landing and turn, 3 steps) to get to the attic (more storage for miscellanious and X-mas decorations). Guess who got to bring down the Christmas decorations each year from the time she was about 10 or 11.
And, I'm not talking just a few boxes...we're talking about 15 BIG boxes trying to navigate them around those landings and banisters. Then up they went again after decorating was done (not much lighter because decorations replaced other things in the house), then back down again in a month when it was time to undecorate. Wow, that is one family Christmas tradition I am not missing AT ALL!