Question of the Day- December 3rd

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished shopping for DH. He didn't have a big list though. I spent $100. Knowing him he will double that for me. He is already looking at a coat that costs $100.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know when to stop. I love buying things for my boyfriend. This year, I went WAYYY over my limit and bought him the 80GB PS3. Almost $600 from Best Buy, but I got the free financing for a year, so I'm just paying it all off before 2009. Plus, I got him a few extra things. I tend to overspend on him.

ETA: And it's not something just for him. It's something both of us will use to watch movies and such. And play Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

And play Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
I just played that Rock Band game at my neighbor's house the other night. ADDICTIVE!!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on what I can afford and what he wants or needs. I've spent as much as $250/300. However if I could I'd buy him a flat screen tv.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob & I set a budget of $100 for one another at Xmas. Last year we spent about $1,000 combined (him, me, my brother, his brother, and both of our parents'). This year we're saving to have our house built soon, so we are limiting our budget to $100 on my family, $100 on his, and $100 on each other. We were going to change the budget this year, as we DO have the money to spend if we want to buy pricey gifts, but neither of us really have anything expensive on our wish-lists. His birthday is a week before Xmas, and we have a $100 (to $150, as he spent $130 on me this past year) budget for birthdays as well. He makes out well in December!

[Although, I will be making out rather well in Februarys from 2008+ ... wedding anniversary 2/5, Valentines Day 2/14, and my birthday 2/17...
]

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to go over my budget for Christmas presents. For my family members - i set an amount for each every year that is reasonable to my budget and always stick with it.

Colin and I however have no set amount between the two of us as to what we'll spend on each other- so we kind of just suprise each other. I try to get him something nice that is within my budget every year.
This year i bought him a brand new Cold Steel cutlery set that he's been drooling over....so i'm hoping he likes it!