Question of the Day Dec 14th.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Fran says, there's fruitcake, and then theres fruitcake, lol! Most of the stuff that we all see way too much of has too much citron and the like in it. Several years ago, one of our local stores carried one that was a two lb cake and it cost@$40 .......was full of good fruit, nuts and had been soaked in some form of brandy.......wish I had one!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fruitcake.....ewww!
Those candied fruits just gag me!
My brother just loves it. Hey! I'll get him one at the bakery for Christmas. Thanks for the idea!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yuck. Just the smell of it makes me gag.

My twin however LOVES it. He eats it in front of me with a look of pure bliss on his face. I think he is just trying to make me sick.
hmmm that is a good idea...prehaps i too will add a fruitcake into his christmas gift....

My mom likes it as well.

Its fun to watch my twin and mom fight over the last peice of fruitcake while the rest of us look on in pure horror.

While I hate fruitcake...I do really like Eggnog...in fact I make my own every year! I can't stand the store made stuff...I have to make it myself.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don`t mind the cake too much but I can`t stand the marzipan and icing especially as my dad always got the bakers to put extra icing on our cake and I always seemed to end up with a corner peice

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I can eat it, but i'm not mad about it, leave it for everyone else.