Question of the Day - August 23rd

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Themes. But that goes for almost all of my parties! But every birthday party we have has some theme or another. Our last was my boyfriends 21st and the theme was Margaritaville. It was great! We had a cake shaped like a salt shaker and tropical decorations and margaritas and daiquiris. Our next party is 2 of our friends 21st that we are combining into 1 party. And its gonna be a toga party

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have any for myself but I do for my boys. On their birthday we all wake-up and let them open their presents right away and have cake for breakfast. DH and I cannot do that but the boys LOVE it. And just think, they have all day to get over the sugar rush and play with their new toys.
For my husband I wake him up with breakfast in bed.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My SO and I usually go out to eat and my mom will usually make me dinner or take me out. So does my SO's family. I never realized how much I get to eat when it's my bday!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No Birthday traditions here. I rarely if ever celebrate my Birthday. It's just another regular day for me.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go out to eat at a restaurant. Usually Red Lobster or the Olive Garden on my birthday. (yum!) Mike likes to pick a new restaurant. Presents. And sometimes cake. Last year I got Mike a little cake from the grocery store--2 layer round cake that as maybe 5" diameter. It was soooo yummy.

Mike didn't really do anything for his birthday before he met me. His family doesn't really do birthdays. My family on the other hand ALWAYS does birthdays. And I think Mike really enjoys having a "special day" on his birthday.

Even the kitties get their birthdays celebrated.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a restaurant that is becoming a tradition for my birthday. We've been there the past two years, and I have every intention of continuing that. For Rob's the standing order is Roast Lamb with Anchovies.

I don't work on my birthday, but it's close enough to Christmas that sometimes I don't even have to take extra time off to accomplish that -- but I will if necessary.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we usually go out to dinner or we go on vacation. Two years ago we went to Disney World for my BD.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ALWAYS go out for a huge family meal with a really long table so the people on the ends can't talk to each other. We've had the last few at the same place, THE TWISTED OKE'

We do this for birthdays and anniversarys.

I hate it.

Too many kids and they all get each other hyped up.

It's my birthday next month, I'm 21, hope they haven't got a meal planned as a 'suprise'....

We've already been to 6 this year. There's always between 10 and 17 people who go.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Yes, we usually go out to dinner or we go on vacation. Two years ago we went to Disney World for my BD.
Tina, you guys go to Disney World for every occasion

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we don't really have any traditions. Each year seems a little different. Colin and I have the same birthday, July 29...so we always spend it together

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trav takes me out for mine and I get to pick(almost ALWAYS the OG)and I take him out for his and he gets to pick. And also my parents take me out and his parents take him out. We eat a lot for birthdays