Question of the Day April 18th..

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Anyway keeping with the theme of last weekends question today's is:

What is your favorite type of meat, fish or poultry?

I am a fish fan, I could live on seafood every meal. My favorite right now is baked tapatia with a light breading, with pan-fried halibut coming in a close second.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm this is a good question! Umm I am mostly a chicken eater, but i do love seafood mainly the crustacianslike crab, shrimp, scallops, mussells, clams...usually i like having them mixed in pasta or something
and I do love calamari especially when it is breaded!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always eat chicken, and never get tired of it (I absolutely detest turkey though.) I also like light tasting fish, such as orange roughy, halibut, lake perch, and catfish. I love shrimp and lobster, especially pasta recipes with them! I don't care for strong fish such as tuna or salmon. I eat very little pork, and even less beef.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually prefer more of a vegetarian fare, but I do like chicken on occasion. I don't eat it very often b/c my husband is allergic to chicken meat. I'll eat beef if there is nothing else, but I prefer not to b/c it gives me horrible abdominal cramps. NOT a fish fan, but I do like shrimp. If we go out to eat or something and I can find a meat free dish that I would like I go for that first, and if not I step down to chicken or shrimp.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a huge meat eater...I love a good steak though when I am in the mood. Chicken to me is give or take...its alright.

I am not a seafood eater though.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steak is OK, occasionally. I loved lamb when I was growing up, but it was a rare treat. My mother bought it back then (the 1950's) because it was cheap.

Did you know that lamb doesn't taste the same as it did back then? I've heard comments on it; but it seems they have been bred for bland taste.

A discussion on the subject: The Taste of Lamb

I really like fish, and tilapia is a good choice; it's raised as a secondary crop, and it doesn't deplete resources or pollute. In fact, it cleans up organic pollution, in some case. I've had some great salmon, but it wouldn't be a daily choice for me.

Don't much care for chicken or pork.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love steak, especially when cooked on the grill. Steak tips are great too. My favorite tips come from The Meathouse, that are marinated with a maple bourbon seasoning. So good.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, tough question. I'm a big fan of seafood, especially shrimp. I also like my chicken fried or in a sandwich, but I guess if I absolutely had to pick a favorite, it would have to be beef. I love a good prime rib or a big juicy hamburger. I don't eat them too often, so they're a treat when I have them.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big meat eater but I do love seafood. Crab, clams, tuna, shrimp, scallops ect. I think my favorite fish is breaded pan fried Whiting/Jack Salmon
I'm having that for dinner tomorrow with a nice big salad.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All three. I eat chicken most often, but I love a good hamburger, beef stew, pork chop, grilled fish, etc. etc. It's all good!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetarian here!

It's been almost 10 years since I've knowingly eaten meat (besides restaurant mix-ups where i don't realise they gave me meat by mistake til i ate a bite already. ICK!)

I do partake in quite a few soy fake meats, my fave probably being Tofurkey (it really isn't as bad as it sounds! my very pro-meat-eating mom and boyfriend even like it!). MMMM, tofurkey roast for thanksgiving and xmas, doesn't get any better than that!

However, I will admit, the only meat I crave anymore is canned tuna. I really loved a good tuna salad sandwich. There was a company that made soy Tuno (laugh if you want, even I do!
) that i liked, probably cos i'm so far removed from the real thing, but they discontinued it..

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since its grilling weather finally.....

Chicken breast on the grill! I good burger in fact of most meats I like hamburger and Italian sausage the best-mainly to use in other dishes. Not a big beef eater otherwise.

Got some shrimp kebabs going on the grill tonite and I like crab legs and most fish types.

And a good bone-in pork chop too!!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pretty much the basics.. beef, chicken, etc.. Though the idea of ingesting and sustaining my own body with other bodies that have been neglected and abused doesn't sit well with me, so I only eat certified humanely raised & handled meats.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge meat eater, and could easily live without red meat.

I don't eat steak, porkchops, roasts, and the like.

Beef: I like ground beef.

Chicken I love
Preferably chicken breasts. I'm not too fussy on dark meat and I don't like chicken on a bone. (yah I'm weird).

Fish is yummy.....I like it, but have yet to find a recipe to make a "to die for" fish meal. I usually just steam my fillets with some lemon and dill.

Seafood: I only really like shrimp. mmmmmm shrimp alfredo.

So I guess my favorite meat would be chicken breast.