For history, it's Stephen Ambrose
Science fiction: Isaac Asimov
General reading: Louis L'Amour

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
N NY cat man I am a big Asimov fan!

I really like Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. They have a couple series going now: Agent Pendergast and a newer series about Nora Kelly, who was first introduced in a Pendergast novel. Both are really good.

I also like Clive Cussler and was sad when he passed. I think I've pretty much read every novel he wrote. I especially enjoyed the Dirk Pitt series, but the other ones are also good. The Isaac Bell series is excellent.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think all my favorite authors are Indie.

Modern Fiction: Carol Moncado (She writes a lot of royalty fiction; which is sort of a guilty pleasure in some ways. Not everything is but I love all her work. I think we’d be real life friends.)

Historical: Elizabeth Johns (but be careful searching…theres a similarly named author who writes “adult” fiction. Elizabeth Johns writes clean. (but not religious).)

Honorable mention: Kristi Ann Hunter. Also Historical Fiction; but she was traditionally published until recently, now indie.

I auto-buy from all 3 of these authors.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Herriot. When I first started reading his books, it was like eating an ice cream cone.

I like Louis Penny, William Kent Kruegar, Jacqueline Winspear, C.J. Box, Harlan Corben, J.A.Jance, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Jonathan Kellerman, Kristen Hannah, to name a few. I like to read a lot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fiction author - Celeste Ng. She has a new book coming out that I'm looking forward to reading.
Non-fiction - currently reading Dinners with Ruth by Nina Totenberg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terry Pratchett. I tend to like specific books or series rather than authors; thus I wouldn’t say Dorothy L Sayers is one of my favourite authors, because while I love her Peter Wimsey series, I’m not much into her Montague Egg stories, and have no interest in reading her work on other subjects.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite authors are Matt Haig, Marc Levy, Helen Hoang, Jasmine Guillory, Victoria Schwab, and Casey McQuiston.