Question of the day: 6-20-07

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got it all planned and ready for when I win a very, very big lottery:

We'll have our own family "compound" on the coast of California, perhaps an hour north of San Francisco. It's around 100 acres of hills, forest, cliffs, and beachfront, with a private lake. There are houses for my parents, my brother, my best friend and his family, and me, plus a meetinghouse with room for at least ten guests. All the houses are connected by tunnels, and the entire complex is protected by electronic security and live guards, so I can sleep with my windows open if I want.

Also on the property are a "retirement ranch" for ill or unwanted animals of all kinds, with its own vet clinic, which is open to the public on a sliding scale, so anyone who can't pay can still bring his animals in for care.

We also have a small amphitheater where local musicians are welcome to play, and an arts center where both kids and the elderly are welcome to come and work with clay and paint and so forth. In a separate building (because of the fire danger), we'll also have a small glassblowing studio -- just because I've always wanted to do that!

And adjacent to the vet clinic, we'll also have a human health clinic -- again, sliding-scale care for anyone who needs it, and if we have to refer a patient elsewhere for care we can't provide, we'll help subsidize the costs as needed.

And of course, I'll also have a little beachhouse on stilts in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina; an apartment in NYC; an old stone house near St. Andrew's, Scotland; a Mission-style bungalow in Malibu; and a little beachhouse in Hawaii, too.

Ahhh, the power of fantasy...